none
Silverlight failure on Netflix

Question

• I am trying to play a movie on Netflix on a second computer. When I click play on the movie iit brings me to a page that says:

You're almost ready to watch Aeon Flux

Install the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in now — it only takes a minute.

By clicking Install Now, you agree to the Terms of Use for this feature.

Install Now

When I click install now, it pops up with a window asking me to save, which I do. When it is done I click on it to run the program, it starts running for a few seconds, a tiny extracting window comes up for 2 seconds then disappears. Then nothing happens afterwards. I cannot find any folder in my PRograms or anything in the uninstall folder.

What can I do to get this on so my family can enjoy the movies on this laptop. It is a Dell Inspiron 1525 Windows Vista, Pentium Dual-Core. Thank you!
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Monday, November 15, 2010 12:31 AM
  • It sounds like you're saving the installer to your hard drive, correct? You need to run the installer that you downloaded in order to install Silverlight.

Also, try installing and checking your installation status from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

- Tom

Tom Taylor    |    Microsoft Silverlight

Monday, November 15, 2010 1:53 AM
  • It is a different issue with Silverlight, but i think it must be written down.

I have sucked with silverlight 5 to see a video, i haven't seen before how it is working. (the installer on my Windows 7 64x, and Windows XP was failing always)

Ok. Let's see the normal, not developer version is a suck, it is broken, but any of silverlight installer is not working. (installer failing, before running the real msi installer)

I have unziped the exe (not developer runtime):

silverlight.7z -> unziped -> contains an silverlight.msp file - "some update is missing" - no error code, just a message box

install.exe -> the exe will run, this exe, but any link isn't working. (so cannot click on "more information" about the error)

silverlight.msi -> it is running

install.res

developer runtime -> two version 64x, 32x - windows

64x isn't working

unzip it.

the same files are there just one silverlightdev.exe also.

unzip the .7z file also.

run the exe, msi, and msp files but install.exe (which isn't working eighter)

if you run everithing separately, the plugin will work.

I think the install.exe check lot of things, or it hasn't some permission etc.

Suck!!!

Saturday, June 23, 2012 2:14 PM