none
Polygon.Points ??

Question

• I cannot access polygon collection points (among others), from  xaml file, are Silverlight developers listening, this has been mentioned weeks ago on the previous forum (which worked)

Are MS going to get this fixed at all, I can get fontsize, and others but why not polygon points?

dylan 

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 3:15 AM

Answers

• We listen to the forums and have this bug recorded. This is an architecture issue in that Point should behave like structs but we do not have a struct concept that works well. For example, how do you create a new point and add it to the collection? We do hear you though!

-mark
    Program Manager
    Microsoft
    This post is provided "as-is"
    Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:32 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately this problem has been going on for more than a few weeks. From what i can tell this problem has existed (and has been reported) since last year, that's 4 months+. We've had at least 2 new releases of Silverlight since the problem was first discovered and crossed from CTP into Beta. The property setter for Points seems to work OK, the results are rendered as they should be. The property getter still doesn't work in Beta 1.0.

My only guess is that the devs on the silverlight project either don't listen to the forums or have some sort of architecture issue that prevents them from fixing this issue. What type of architecture issue that prevents writing a getter for a property is hard to imagine, considering that setting and then rendering the updates to Points seems more complicated. 

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 5:53 AM
  • We listen to the forums and have this bug recorded. This is an architecture issue in that Point should behave like structs but we do not have a struct concept that works well. For example, how do you create a new point and add it to the collection? We do hear you though!

-mark
    Program Manager
    Microsoft
    This post is provided "as-is"
    Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:32 PM
  • Hey Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Good to know you listenSmile. It's easier to imagine the architecture issues now. So in essence, returning something from Points isn't a problem, it's what that something should be while trying to remain efficient and friendly that's having some thought put into it? Is it safe to say this same problem will affect all vertices and any similar data type where a struct is preferable?

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 4:36 PM