none
Silverlight will not install - for netflix

Question

• I am trying to install siverlight so that I can stream online movies from netflix. When I hit "install" I get a message that says:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'silverlight.msp' in the box below.

Use source:

Box [c:\0d763e83a0b0e2888627618799ac\]

I have not been able to find anything on the netflix site to help with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Monday, October 19, 2009 1:37 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You can get the installers from this site as well. Please open this page http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx and install Silvelright first.

Once you have installed it, please try to open this page again .. You should see the message as below in this page.

The version of Silverlight installed is:
    Silverlight 3 (3.0.40818.0)

You are ready to use Microsoft Silverlight

THen, you can go to netflix and watch movie.. Enjoy!

Monday, October 19, 2009 10:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You can get the installers from this site as well. Please open this page http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx and install Silvelright first.

Once you have installed it, please try to open this page again .. You should see the message as below in this page.

The version of Silverlight installed is:
    Silverlight 3 (3.0.40818.0)

You are ready to use Microsoft Silverlight

THen, you can go to netflix and watch movie.. Enjoy!

Monday, October 19, 2009 10:21 PM
  • Hi Laurentracy,

How's your issue going now?  Please make sure your network is ok.   I would suggest your first download the installer and right click on the installer, choose "Run as Administrator".  If you have previous version installed on your computer, you'd better first remove it.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:22 AM