none
clear cache and cookies not work

Question

• when using IE8, Firefox 3.xx, Chrome, this message keeps popping up.

Please try clearing your Browser's cache and cookies, then reload browser again.

Of course, I oblige and clear the cache and cookies, even flush dns, still unable to start silverlight in Windows 7 browser.

Also, I tried un-install silverlight and re-install, still no use.  Any suggestion apart from re-installing Windows 7 again?

Saturday, September 11, 2010 1:06 AM

All replies

• Maybe there is a problem with that website. Does silverlight work here

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/ 

Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:23 AM
  • Hi Ken,

Thanks! it works.

I used other computers and able to watch the video stream from the jib tv website.

My computer can launch silverlight in other websites but not the jib tv.

I am pretty certain that if I re-install Windows 7 again, I would have no problem with the website. But not sure how long it would  last. That's why I want to figure out what is the problem, any thing to do with the regedit, any tweaking needed.

Becasue my problem is:  I don't want to re-install Windows again, again, and again.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 10:04 AM
  • Hi Ken,

Thanks! it works.

personal loans of sovereign bank

Saturday, September 11, 2010 5:03 PM
  • it does not work with this website - jib tv. something wrong with silverlight setting, still need help

Saturday, September 11, 2010 9:51 PM
  • Since you can play silverlight from other Silverlight websites, there won't be any problem of silverlight setting.  Have you cleared cache and cookie in a proper way? Here is a link for you, just in case. If it still dosn't work, I think you'd better contact jib tv for further help.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:37 PM
  • Since you can play silverlight from other Silverlight websites, there won't be any problem of silverlight setting.  Have you cleared cache and cookie in a proper way? Here is a link for you, just in case. If it still dosn't work, I think you'd better contact jib tv for further help.

Thanks Mr. Shi Ding.

I cleared cache and cookie for many weeks.  I even flushed the dns cache.

I later use CCleaner to clean anything which are not needed.   But, still no use.

Jib tv is broadcasting everyday.  They are OK.  I have checked their video streaming (silverlight) with other computers, no issues at all.

So my question is - there must be some technical issues I am not able to comprehend with using silverlight in my machine.  That is really frustrating.

For your information, flash video, WMV are Ok, but only silverlight + jibtv has problem.  Don't really know why?

Sunday, September 19, 2010 11:34 AM
  • silverlight basically is an inferior products compare to others.

spend so many weeks still unable to resolve the problem. no technical help considered useful.

why clear cache and cookies problems when using windows 7? that is completely stupid.

no such problem with flash or other things.

completely wasting time, not user friendly.  better stop implementing this rubbish to save trouble.

Final comment: no clear advantage over other products, seem would tread into oblivion in due course. sincerely advise others to stop investing time in this crap.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:11 PM
  • Hi,

First of all, I am sorry for late reply. Because we mainly focus on post less than one week age, it is my fault.

As for the problem you encountered, I would still suggest you to contact jib tv. Because, Silverlight setting is kind of global setting which means, once you set well locally, it will be applied to all web sites or applications you opened from your PC. You mentioned before,

My computer can launch silverlight in other websites

So we deduce that it should not be the problem of Silverlight setting.

Additionally, the error message displayed on screen shot is not a Silverlight built-in error message. It is defined by jib tv itself. Contacting jib tv is the most easy way to figure out what is the real problem behind that error message.  That’s the reason why I suggest you contact jib tv.

Here is the link of jibtv contact https://jibtv.com/inquiry/index.aspx

Hope for your understanding. 

Best Regards,

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:37 PM
  • Hi,

First of all, I am sorry for late reply. Because we mainly focus on post less than one week age, it is my fault.

As for the problem you encountered, I would still suggest you to contact jib tv. Because, Silverlight setting is kind of global setting which means, once you set well locally, it will be applied to all web sites or applications you opened from your PC. You mentioned before,

My computer can launch silverlight in other websites

So we deduce that it should not be the problem of Silverlight setting.

Dear Mr. Shi Ding,

Thanks for your reply!

And thanks for guidance to get help from jibtv.

I just wonder why it seems so difficult to get stable video stream while using silverlight? I mean what are the virtues / advantages of Silversight while comparing to other similar products.  I searched the web and seems no other websites using silverlight for realtime broadcast.   And I encounter this silly cache & cookie problem.  I tend to believe the jibtv is technically proficient in implementing Silverlight and I still believe that Silverlight is subpar.

Once again, your help is very much appreciated.  Only the product -Silverlight, makes things worse.

rgds

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:37 AM
  • Hello, I have the very same problem, with the same website. Did you find any solution? The JIBTV themselves don't seem able to help me. The problem is perhaps within my computer, registry, cookies, who knows what? I also clear cache and cookies all the time, installed opera and chrome, and IE 8, it's the same, not possible to watch the tv on that web site.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 12:28 AM
  • This must be the Silverlight DRM feature. As far as I understand the purpousely unclear docs, Silverlight provides a unique ID to owners of the DRM content. If something happens that makes the owner think that an attempt is made to violate the rights they think they have, the ability to play DRM content in Silverlight may be revoked. 

Since jibtv.com comes from the same country where Sony wrote viruses on CDs, all you can do is to a) support all forms of piracy whenever possible, and b) remember that they are already blessed with Fukushima and hope that God is not done yet. 

Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:20 AM