none
Suggestion on moving an existing Silverlight application to MVVM pattern.

Question

• Hi Friends,

I have a SL4 application and it need to be restructured to MVVM pattern. On searching the web I found many exisitng FW (e.g SilverLight light,Caliber etc..) and unable to make a decesion, can someone please share  there views thoughts\suggestion if have implemented the same.

• Moved by mbanavige Monday, March 19, 2012 6:27 AM Migration data
    Monday, March 19, 2012 2:53 AM

Answers

• I like MVVM Light toolkit (GalaSoft), reasons why:

• Easy to understand.
    • Lot of great learning material (including great webcasts).
    • It's like a buffet, take the parts you want, no need to implement everything from the beginning.

Cheers

Braulio

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:11 AM

All replies

• I like MVVM Light toolkit (GalaSoft), reasons why:

• Easy to understand.
    • Lot of great learning material (including great webcasts).
    • It's like a buffet, take the parts you want, no need to implement everything from the beginning.

Cheers

Braulio

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:11 AM
  • Hi Hsr,

The MVVM pattern allows applications to be divided up into separate layers that provide multiple benefits ranging from better code re-use to enhanced testing capabilities.

In below lab exercise, it introduces how migrate an existing Silverlight application that uses code-behind files for all of the C# or VB code into a more structured architecture that follows the MVVM pattern:

http://www.silverlight.net/learn/advanced-techniques/the-mvvm-pattern/using-the-mvvm-pattern-in-silverlight-applications

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:19 AM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. Well, just want to know if there are any limitations using the existing frameworks i.e. my application uses integration URL i.e. just passing the appropriate url on the browser will do the required functionality does this is supported by MVVM light or are there any limitation someone has come across please do share.

Monday, March 26, 2012 12:00 AM
  • SDNavigation can solve the Navigation framework integration.

There are other good approaches.

Cheers

Braulio

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:46 AM
  • Thanks all for your responses.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:50 AM