none
Silverlight Error #2103

    Question

  • The mysterious error #2103 annoyed me for awhile.  Of course, the lack of details about the error (typical for most SL errors) only prolonged my agony.  I created a new Silverlight app and then changed the namespace from the default assembly name to another name of my chosing.  Boom!  Error #2103.  Eventually, I did find the cause of this error.  Apparently, the derived Application namespace MUST be the same as the assembly name.

    I just thought I'd pass this tidbit along as a little warning.

    W James

    Wednesday, July 09, 2008 12:58 PM

Answers

  • Where have you changed namespace? Only in code or in xaml to? If you've changed namespace of Page or UserControl - you also need to change it in xaml (don't forget to change in app.xaml too).

    Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:29 AM

All replies

  • Where have you changed namespace? Only in code or in xaml to? If you've changed namespace of Page or UserControl - you also need to change it in xaml (don't forget to change in app.xaml too).

    Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:29 AM
  •  One other place to look:  On the Silverilght Project ->Properties->Silverlight Tab make sure you check the StartupObject, it may still be pointing to the old object's namespace.

     

    Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:07 PM
  • For posterity, this error can also be caused by turning off Internet Information Services -> World Wide Web Services -> Common Http Features -> Static Content in the Windows Features under the Programs and Features Control Panel.

    This being off is the default setting.  Another way to tell if this is off is that MIME Types will not be present in the IIS group of the Features View of the server (top node in tree) in IIS Manager for IIS 7.0.

    Verified in Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1.

    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 12:19 AM
  • This error ocurred for me by a stupid reason.

    I copied some style example for my chart and the namespace of the block I copied stated "charting:" but the namespace declared on my app.xaml was "chartingToolkit:"

    this also raises the 2103 error.

    Monday, August 03, 2009 9:21 AM
  • I had the same issue when the problem surfaced during the process of development. After taking hours of pain in searching for the solution, I just re installed latest Silverlight Developer Runtime. This fixed the problem for me.

    Saturday, November 27, 2010 6:23 AM
  • I had the same issue and it was caused by not having static content enabled in the common HTTP features. For Windows 7 this setting in Control Panel=> Progams and Features Turn Windows Features on or  off. For Server 2008 add role services to IIS role.

    Friday, March 04, 2011 12:23 AM
  •  One other place to look:  On the Silverilght Project ->Properties->Silverlight Tab make sure you check the StartupObject, it may still be pointing to the old object's namespace.

     

    That saved me. Thanks!!!

    Friday, September 02, 2011 3:43 AM
  • I got the error #2103 because i tried to instantiate an object of some class in the constructor of the App-Class. App was my Startup-Object. The solution was to instantiate the object in the Application_Startup-Method instead of the constructor. Hope this helps anyone and he/she doesn't have to search for the error for hours :)

    Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:07 PM