none
Silverlight 4 RC with Blend 4 Beta?

    Question

  • I am just learning to use Blend but I have some unexpected results with this combination. When I compose a prototype in sketchflow controls often stop working and I have to remove them from and re-place them to get them working again. Data binding to a StaticResource also seems not to be working even though the XAML looks OK.

     Is the Blend beta just not functional on SL4 RC?

    Thanks,
    Don Rule
    Translational Software Inc.

    Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:41 PM

Answers

  • I think that I have found the issue. Some of the visual elements from different states overlapped each other so even thought they were not visible in some states they interfered with other controls. When I explicitly collapsed the controls in the states where I did not want them the other controls seem to work. I am not sure if this is by design, an idiosyncracy of the design, or a bug but it works reliably when you understand it.

    For the data binding I was binding to the name of the data in the data store instead of the collection that it represented.

    Thanks very much for your suggestions.
    Don

    Monday, March 22, 2010 12:50 PM

All replies

  • Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:27 PM
  • I will look for an issue like that but it did not appear after an upgrade but on a clean install of both the RC and the Beta. I've also seen some issues with Visual Studio (2010 RC) crashing while I am modifying the project with blend.

    Thanks,
    Don

    Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:44 PM
  • Don,

    Did you meke sure you ran this as administrator? I used to have problems with visual studio and blend

    so I tried to run it this way....this is just a suggestion and  just  trying to help....    

    Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:00 PM
  • I think that I have found the issue. Some of the visual elements from different states overlapped each other so even thought they were not visible in some states they interfered with other controls. When I explicitly collapsed the controls in the states where I did not want them the other controls seem to work. I am not sure if this is by design, an idiosyncracy of the design, or a bug but it works reliably when you understand it.

    For the data binding I was binding to the name of the data in the data store instead of the collection that it represented.

    Thanks very much for your suggestions.
    Don

    Monday, March 22, 2010 12:50 PM