none
Issue while running the profiler for my application

Question

• I'm trying to run the profiler for my silverlight 4 application , I'm unable to see any projects in the page 2 of the performance wizard where I have to select the module.So, I have selected the dll and provided IE as the executable.Finally the profiler failed with the below issues.

Warning VSP2347: The monitor was unable to start the VS performance driver. Access is denied. Consider using the /Admin:Driver,Start and /Admin:Security options of VSPerfCmd from an elevated environment. Performance counter data and detection of kernel mode execution is disabled.

Profiling started.

Warning VSP2013: Instrumenting this image requires it to run as a 32-bit process. The CLR header flags have been updated to reflect this.

Data written to D:\CAC-QC-MAIN\quantim\cac\main\dev\client\silverlight\ComputerAssistedCoding\iexplore111129(2).vsp.

Profiling finished.

File contains no data buffers

Analysis failed

Profiling complete.

Analysis failed

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:44 AM

All replies

• You can try ANTS Performance Profiler to see if is a silverlight issue. Here is the toturial.

Thursday, December 01, 2011 2:12 AM
  • In market you get many more options. 

please check the below video for Advanced Performance and Profiling Techniques

ref. http://www.microsoftpdc.com/2009/P09-10

also you can use XPerf and xperfview. for moreifo check: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/55943/how-to-profile-a-silverlight-application

Also you can use JetBrains.

and as per my experience I preffer "dotTrace"... very well in Profiler. it give the each method wise time and which has taken more time as well. so you can directly point it and take the necessary action on it.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 12:56 AM
  • You could try SpeedTrace Pro which is a trace profiler. It traces your application without processing. Later when you open the trace output, it will analyze the trace. The advantages are:
    - fast tracing, low impact
    - detailed trace for root cause analysis to reconstruct the execution order of method calls
    - allows analysis of exceptional slow operations
    - data related performance analysis  

You can download it from here.

• Edited by Holger Heinrich Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:49 PM corrected the URLs and shortened the text
    Friday, December 16, 2011 8:18 AM