none
Missing cursor types in VS Orcas based on Expression Blend

Question

• I open expression blend and set cursor to SizeNESW. Then in run application and got error:
    The 'Cursor' attribute is invalid - The value 'SizeNESW' is invalid according to its datatype 'htpp://schemas.microsoft.com/client/2007:StringToCursorConverter' - The enumeration constraint failed.

After that i use VS helper for Cursor and i get only this options: Arrow, Hand, Wait, IBeam, None, Default Stylus, Eraser, but in Expression Blend(EB) there are more cursor options.

Could you add all cursor options that are in EB to VS. 

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:54 AM

Answers

• This seems like a pretty deliberate omission, so I probably wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them, but, then again, that's just my best guess.

I was also disappointed with this, I haven't gotten around to it yet, but if this is really urgent for you, my suggestion would be to check out the Ink Tattoo Studio demo (http://silverlight.net/samples/1.0/Ink-Tattoo-Studio/InkTattooStudio.zip) and read the code to see how they replace the cursor with the tattoo gun and try to emulate that technique to make your own cursors.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:01 AM

All replies

• It's not that the cursors are missing from Orcas, they are missing from Silverlight. Cursors like "SizeNESW" are full-blown WPF only. I guess every little bit help when keeping the download down to 4MB...

Monday, June 18, 2007 3:26 PM
  • But this is ridiculousness.

I need other cursor types. Can i expected them in next release? 

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 2:28 AM
  • This seems like a pretty deliberate omission, so I probably wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them, but, then again, that's just my best guess.

I was also disappointed with this, I haven't gotten around to it yet, but if this is really urgent for you, my suggestion would be to check out the Ink Tattoo Studio demo (http://silverlight.net/samples/1.0/Ink-Tattoo-Studio/InkTattooStudio.zip) and read the code to see how they replace the cursor with the tattoo gun and try to emulate that technique to make your own cursors.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:01 AM