none
Unable to Install Silverlight, File is Corrupted

Question

• Hi, I tried watching netflix and was prompted that Silverlight was corrupted. So i uninstalled silverlight and tried to reinstall silverlight. Now when I try to reinstall the program I get an Error Message, saying File is Corrupt. I completely cleared my whole computer of anything silverlight, and tried a clean boot. I also tried the Fix it for me (with silverlight and without silverlight) and I am either prompted with, "unable to install" or "file is corrupted". I am using windows 8, and netflix was working properly for the last couple months and all of a sudden doesn't work. How can i install silverlight correctly?
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

When occur this problem, please try to check the following:
    1. Uninstalling the silverlight (might be that will possible because it has already been corrupted.) Download and run  that below fixit for fix the Silver light corruption.

2. Download Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup utilitymsicuu2.exe

3. Download below link of silver light uninstall/ Repair  Tool.

4. Try to update the windows form ‘Widows Update’ feature.

5. Now try to unistall it again, and then restart the computer

6.  Download below link of silver light and install it again. it must be working fine.

Some manually advanced steps:

7. Delete that file dbgsihm.dll in ProgramFiles\Microsoft Silverlight folder

8. Run following commands one by one in cmd with admin rights

cd /d “%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools”

subinacl /subkeyreg “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{DFEAF541-F3E1-4c24-ACAC-99C30715084A}\MiscStatus\1″  /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

reg delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight /f

reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\{D7314F9862C648A4DB8BE2A5B47BE100} /f

reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{283C8576-0726-4DBC-9609-3F855162009A} /f

reg delete “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\install.exe” /f

reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AgControl.AgControl /f

reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{89F4137D-6C26-4A84-BDB8-2E5A4BB71E00} /f

rmdir /s /q “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Silverlight”

rmdir /s /q “%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Silverlight”

After that please change your TEMP variable to local, such as SET TEMP=C:\ and SET TMP=C:\. Don’t leave the CMD session.

9. Restart your computer now.

10. Now try to install Microsoft Silverlight.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When occur this problem, please try to check the following:
    1. Uninstalling the silverlight (might be that will possible because it has already been corrupted.) Download and run  that below fixit for fix the Silver light corruption.

2. Download Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup utilitymsicuu2.exe

3. Download below link of silver light uninstall/ Repair  Tool.

4. Try to update the windows form ‘Widows Update’ feature.

5. Now try to unistall it again, and then restart the computer

6.  Download below link of silver light and install it again. it must be working fine.

Some manually advanced steps:

7. Delete that file dbgsihm.dll in ProgramFiles\Microsoft Silverlight folder

8. Run following commands one by one in cmd with admin rights

cd /d “%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools”

subinacl /subkeyreg “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{DFEAF541-F3E1-4c24-ACAC-99C30715084A}\MiscStatus\1″  /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

reg delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight /f

reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\{D7314F9862C648A4DB8BE2A5B47BE100} /f

reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{283C8576-0726-4DBC-9609-3F855162009A} /f

reg delete “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\install.exe” /f

reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AgControl.AgControl /f

reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{89F4137D-6C26-4A84-BDB8-2E5A4BB71E00} /f

rmdir /s /q “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Silverlight”

rmdir /s /q “%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Silverlight”

After that please change your TEMP variable to local, such as SET TEMP=C:\ and SET TMP=C:\. Don’t leave the CMD session.

9. Restart your computer now.

10. Now try to install Microsoft Silverlight.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:29 AM
  • I don't want to go through a 10 step process messing about with program files, this NEVER happens to me on any mac I've owned. Is the problem with Silverlight, Chrome, or both? Is there any other option that wouldn't give an aspirin a headache?
    5 hours 33 minutes ago