none
Windows Authentication Pop-up window Issue

Question

• Hi, The application needs Windows Authentication since it is a intranet application used inside the domain, now i hosted the application in IIS and it is asking for the Pop up every time i try to open the site, Instead i want it in the way If the system is logged in to the domain then it should automatically pick the credential, if the user logged in as a local user then it should prompt for the pop up, Is it possible? Currently it is popping up the window each and every time when the user opens it.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 2:11 AM

Answers

• When you say you are getting a popup, do you mean you are getting the window from the browser itself asking for a login? If so, that is more of an IIS question, not a RIA Services/Silverlight question. You probably have security configured incorrectly on the web server.

Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

So, you need to sperate your Silverlight application into a few xap components with differenct authorization policy, and load then by MEF at runtime. You can grant the authorization policy for each files in their file security properties.

Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:08 PM
  • When you say you are getting a popup, do you mean you are getting the window from the browser itself asking for a login? If so, that is more of an IIS question, not a RIA Services/Silverlight question. You probably have security configured incorrectly on the web server.

Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:27 PM