none
agclr and PresentationFramework - clashing over building or designer working

General discussion

• Hi All,

I'm trying to get Lutz Roeder's excellent Monotone sample working under Orcas (with the VS_SilverlightTools_Alpha_Setup.exe installed) but I'm having problems. To get System.Windows.Downloader (which Lutz uses to load the MP3 sound) I need to reference C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\agclr.dll rather than C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0\PresentationFramework.dll. The reference agclr also clashes with a number of other references (PresentationCore and WindowsBase). But if I use it I cannot open the XAML files in the designer. Instead I get the error "Whoops! Visual Studio has encountered an error" and the error listed is "The type Canvas was not found".

So I both need to include agclr to get the code to build, but I need to exclude it for the designer to work! Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Tim.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:52 PM

All replies

• It sounds like you are trying to mix the use of silverlight assemblies (agclr) and desktop (PresentationFramework.dll). Silverlight cannot use desktop CLR assemblies. Are you sure you created a silverlight project, as it should only show the silverlight assemblies for referencing.

Monday, June 04, 2007 1:36 PM