none
"Casual Game" and Feedback

Question

• I've been playing with creating an asteroids type game and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with Silverlight Alpha!

If you want to take a peek at the work in progress, you can go here. Also a blog post on the subject. It's not a complete game but I think I've proofed out input, frame rate, graphics...  I hope to complete the game soon and post up the code as a sample.

Anyway, I wanted to give some feedback on the Alpha for whoever is listening on the dev team Wink

• I needed to implement my own (crappy) collision detection. I really expected with all of the vector capabilities that HitTest functionality would be in Silverlight but it isn't (yet anyway).
    • There isn't a "real timer" class in Silverlight yet, so you need to use an Animation Timer as a workaround
    • The KeyDown event doesn't appear to support arrow keys. Hopefully this will be fixed before release.
    • I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing but my MediaElement only plays once
    Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:26 PM

All replies

• Looks nice Smile

I'm working on a shooter game myself, a bit like "Duck Hunt" from the old Ninento Stick out tongue

I had a question about the FPS...is there a way to set the FPS like in Flash ?

Looking forward to see the finished version Smile

Grtz
    Dimiz0r

Thursday, May 10, 2007 3:50 AM
  • The maximum frame rate is one of the options that you can set in the JavaScript createSilverlight call.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:34 AM