none
Silverlight autocad DXF file render

All replies

• Hi..

I wanted to import a CAD file (.dwg) in one of silverlight applications and show its content on Canvas control. I should also be able to edit the contents of the file on canvas.

One of the known tools for importing CAD files is DWG directx. However I m not able to use it in Silverlight.

Do you have libraries which would work similar to DWG DirectX which would help me in importing and editing a CAD file in Silverlight?

Please let me know if there is any such tool.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:55 AM
  • Yes if this exsist I have interest in it as well, there are applications that render the DWG files through converters I know BA Insight has one for their search tool, I believe they are using that to render a preview of the DWG file but not edit it directly...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:33 PM
  • Hai,

I am wokirng on Document management application web based one. I need to display autoCAD file in my web page. Is it possible? Is there any conversion method or ddl file is there to achive this requirement? OR is it possible to convert it to .bmp/.tiff using C# code.? Anyhow i need to display it on the web page. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Saturday, November 20, 2010 10:50 PM
  • For those interested, there is a Silverlight 4/5 version of CadLib that can read/write/render DXF and DWG files. Sample applications are included in the evaluation version.

- Wout

Friday, May 04, 2012 6:41 PM
  • Link is dead..

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Seems to work here? (Depending on which link you are referring to)

- Wout

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:15 AM