none
MVVM, WCF RIA, MEF in Silverlight4

Question

• Hi All,

I am new to MVVM WCF RIA services, MEF And Entity Data model,

I Need to to created project structure as below.

1. I have created new SL business application.

2. Created to seperate folder in the solution, Client and Server.

3. I have moved silverlight project to Client folder, renamed the client project as "projectname.Client"  and web project into server folder.

4. Craeted new WCF RIA Services project in server folder as "ProjectName.Data", Automatically its created one more project  as "ProjectName.Data.Web". And i have moved the project "ProjectName.Data" to client folder.

4.1. I have moved the Services and resources folder from "ProjectName.Web" to "ProjectName.Data.Web" project.

4.2. Created Entity data model and metadata classes for entity object, I have created my own authentication services class and usermanagement services.

5. In client folder i have created 3 more new projects such as ProjectName.Global(Contains all global classes), ProjectName.Model(Contains interfaces and event delegates) and ProjectName.Viewmodel(Respective ViewModel).

Issues:

1. Not updating Web project client bin with the renamed .XAP file and getting error if i delete previously generated .XAP file.

2. Object context are not creating.

I went through somany MVVM sample, But i got confusion that how they are created project structure and which plcace what type of projects they have used. Please if any one give more description it will be helpful for learners.

Thanks in advance and awaiting for your kind reply.

Regards,

Raju

Thursday, June 09, 2011 4:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

4. Craeted new WCF RIA Services project in server folder as "ProjectName.Data", Automatically its created one more project  as "ProjectName.Data.Web". And i have moved the project "ProjectName.Data" to client folder.

WCF Ria Service Class Libraly is server side.

In MVVM Pattern

Views>>ViewModel>>Model.

Model is generate Entity

Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:47 AM

All replies

• Is my question is understandble or need more info.

There are 36 people viewed, still none of them are reply.

Thursday, June 09, 2011 5:49 AM
  • I would recommend yo going through this sample and blog posts:

http://wildermuth.com/2010/04/16/Updated_RIA_Services_MVVM_Example

Cheers

Braulio

Thursday, June 09, 2011 5:56 AM
  • Let's chop it into step by step.

First issue, your XAP is not being updated on the web project?

Cheers

Braulio

Thursday, June 09, 2011 5:57 AM
  • Yes Braulio

Thursday, June 09, 2011 6:15 AM
  • Hey Braulio,

Could you tell me is my project structure is correct and i have added right project in right place?

Thursday, June 09, 2011 6:17 AM
  • Hi,

If you no need to share between Silverlight and WPF no need to create solution folder.

Do you familar with MEF pattern because there has lots of detail to figure your Shell?

Thursday, June 09, 2011 6:34 AM
  • Its my client requirement.

Thursday, June 09, 2011 7:29 AM
  • Hi,

WCF Ria Service Class Libraly is server side.

In MVVM Pattern

Views>>ViewModel>>Model.

Model is generate Entity

Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:47 AM
  • Hi

I recommend the book or eBook "Pro Business Application with Silverlight 4" written by Chris Anderson.

I've read this book when I started my first Business App with SL4 WCF Ria Services and EF4. It is easy to understand and gives a good understanding of all key parts.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:55 AM