none
WCF Error Downloading MetaData from Service

Answers

• Hi,

You can try rebuilding the web project hosting your web service.  Verify the service is working by pointing a browser to http://localhost:2483/CustomerWebService.svc and viewing the service description.  Re-add the Service Reference.

If you're still getting an error, you may have to clean up some config files.

Monday, June 22, 2009 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try rebuilding the web project hosting your web service.  Verify the service is working by pointing a browser to http://localhost:2483/CustomerWebService.svc and viewing the service description.  Re-add the Service Reference.

If you're still getting an error, you may have to clean up some config files.

Monday, June 22, 2009 2:13 PM
  • Take a look to the port of the VS Web server. Run the app, and see what port was using.

Then change the :2483 to the VS Web port you are using.

For test the service try the Clint sugestion.

• Proposed as answer by Rivka123Jer Sunday, February 16, 2014 1:54 PM
    Monday, June 22, 2009 2:20 PM
  • Appreciate it, the rebuilding method is working.
    Monday, June 22, 2009 10:39 PM
  • Hi, 

What configuration files should I clean?

Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:26 PM
  • Sorry by the font size.. Stick out tongue

Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:36 PM
  • Hi Developer_5F00_Tico,

Make sure your web service is up and running.  You should be able to query the service with a browser and retrieve the metadata.  You should be able to write a quick console app to make sure your service is operating as you expect.  If you can't see the service description in a browser it may be that your web.config file is corrupted and needs to be corrected.  Start there.

HTH,

Clint

Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:29 PM
  •  I had the same error...  The "clever" way I created the error was to "add existing item", and selecting an existing Entity Framework model from another project (this did not, however, make the required changes to my web.config).  Then I added a WCF Data Service, rebuilt, and then tried to add service references to the Silverlight and WPF client projects (both got this error).

The fix was to copy the appropriate sections of the web.config from the project containing the EF model i copied.  after a couple of tries getting the web.config right, the error went away and now all is well :)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:03 PM
  • I had the same error.. Please remove the existing .cs and .svc file.. Select the Projectname.web add New item Select the WCF Service in the list.

2)Please clean u r solutionexplorer.

3) In web.config file add u r code in the <System.Servicemodel>

<behaviors>
                <serviceBehaviors>
                    <behavior name="">
                        <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" />
                        <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="false" />
                    </behavior>
                </serviceBehaviors>
            </behaviors>
            <serviceHostingEnvironment multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true" />

4) Rebuild u r site.

5) Add Service Reference in u r solution explorer..

It will Works..!

Monday, October 31, 2011 2:40 AM