none
Deploy Problem using iis 7.0

Question

• Hi to all.

i new to silverlight 4. i want to deploy the website in production. So can anyone help me, how to deloy web in production server.

Regards

Kumar

Monday, February 06, 2012 2:38 AM

Answers

• Kumar

make sure that you implemented the INotifyPropertyChanged interface in all your dataclass or else i think the problem is the XAP. try to disable the option in IIS server to download the xap in each request.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Kumraj,

1. Right Click on web project and click publish, before clicking publish check the publish setting saying the publish is into filesystem.

2.Copy the  folder in IIS root folder and create a new website.

3. Make sure that, you replace the webservice path in service references config.

Post in your server and restart the iis. Right click and browse the aspx page. It will work.

Monday, February 06, 2012 2:52 AM
  • hi sajeetharan. Thanks for ur reply. its works fine. But, i am not able to insert or update the data in xml file which is in Client Bin. i can read the data. Its working fine in local in all Operation(Insert,Edit,Read). why this problem in server 2008. please can u help me.

Thanks

Kumar

Monday, February 06, 2012 3:33 AM
  • But, i am not able to insert or update the data in xml file which is in Client Bin. i can read the data. Its working fine in local in all Operation(Insert,Edit,Read). why this problem in server 2008. please can u help me.

Hi Kumarraj,

You may take a look at below MSDN article on deploying Silverlight applications:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff921170(v=pandp.20).aspx

And please check a thread here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/silverlightinstall/thread/aa1a453e-2ee9-44be-b592-72b69f7c57ba//1

If the problem still exists, can you tell us what the exact issue are you facing?

Best Regards,

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 4:03 AM
  • Hi to all
              I am new to silverlight 4. when I am run my application in local its working fine no probs. In Local if I updated some data it will reflected immediately
    in grid.In Local no problems at all. When i have deployed in UAT Server using IIS 7.5 Version. Here if i have updated some data, it was not reflecting immediately,
    even after refreshing the page also, it was not reflecting. If i close browser and reopen the new browser then its reflecting. Can anyone help me regarding this issue
    its very urgent please.

Regards
    Kumar

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 8:20 AM
  • Hi Kumar,

your Browser Cache is not cleared that's why it displayed old data.

try to clean your cache and try again

Regards

David

Smile

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Kumar

make sure that you implemented the INotifyPropertyChanged interface in all your dataclass or else i think the problem is the XAP. try to disable the option in IIS server to download the xap in each request.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:27 PM