none
Code: 2103 InitializeError Message: 2103 An error has occurred

Question

•  Our Silverlight 3 application fails on IE8/Vista on one particular client's PC. The Error is:

Unhandled Error in Sliverlight Application Code:2103 Category InitializeError message 2103 An error has occured.

I have tested on another Vista machine and all works OK. I have compared security settings and both are identical.

What else should I be checking? Is this a firewall setting?

Thursday, August 05, 2010 7:17 AM

All replies

• Maybe they need to reinstall silverlight. 

Thursday, August 05, 2010 7:55 AM
  •  Got the client to uninstall and then re-install and still no luck.

Noticed other posts where the 64 bit IE8 was troublesome. The client is running the 32 bit version of IE8, and have SL4 installed. This is the same setup as a working Vista PC.

Other posts recommend a clean re-install of silverlight, where various steps are required to remove folders etc, but some users on that forum did that without success. In fact, one user switched to Firefox and it worked.

Noticed that silverlight 4 applications appear to work OK.

Any other suggestions would be useful. I will most likely ask the user to try Firefox as a last resort.

Friday, August 06, 2010 9:20 PM
  • Did you ever find the solution? I'm having an outwardly similar problem. Our application can be viewed by a wide variety of users but one in particular can't view it when inside VPN & Fiewall. While inside the VPN he can view other SL apps.

So I doubt it's any of the common errors - starup object, namespace, a malformed xap. The manifest is ok.

Any ideas?

Thursday, August 04, 2011 4:45 AM