none
Silverlight keeps crashing

Question

• I've been using Silverlight without problems for months, but now whenever I try to run anything related to Silverlight it crashes. Seesmic Desktop 2 won't load, and in my browser it tells me the Silverlight plugin has crashed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, made no difference. The strange thing is, everything worked fine a few hours ago.

Any help fixing this would be appreciated!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Odd....

what else was going on just before that?

is the browser IE or ???

possibly you might have got a virus or a new browser plugin that is making the browser not stable?

did you install any new programs just before the problem?

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:48 PM
  • I usually use Google Chrome, but checked in Firefox and IE as well. Same issue. Haven't installed anything today either.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:51 PM
  • Nevermind, I gave up and stared at the screen for a while, now it works... at least for now.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:23 PM
  • Hi Nenith. I have the same problem and as figuerres mention, the plugin of my IE browser making it not stable. He is totally right. If you use IE, check your plugin and reinstall it and everything will be fine.  Smile

Friday, August 20, 2010 9:22 PM
  • Well, I finally found the problem. Had disabled a tablet service, and Silverlight didn't like that apparently. More info in this thread:

http://forums.silverlight.net/forums/t/164189.aspx

Enabled the service again, and everything is back to normal!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:51 AM
  • holy crap that's totally the problem. I'm letting the tech support guy know that I've been emailing.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 10:28 PM
  • may i ask how you do that, im having the same problem with mine

Thursday, February 02, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Hey guys,

I have been using Chrome with no issues an now Silverlight is crashing on me. Any ideas what has been updated for Silverlight?

Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:59 PM
  • I've been using Silverlight without problems for months, but now whenever I try to run anything related to Silverlight it crashes. Seesmic Desktop 2 won't load, and in my browser it tells me the Silverlight plugin has crashed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, made no difference. The strange thing is, everything worked fine a few hours ago.

Any help fixing this would be appreciated!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:18 AM