none
PivotViewer SL5 on touch screen with no mouse

General discussion

• The PivotViewer seems to require a mouse over of the current item before you are able to select it with a click/touch. On a touch screen with no mouse it is not possible to select one item and then select another one with the next touch. Items require multiple touches before it is selected/zoomed in. Is anyone aware of a way around this?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:23 AM

All replies

• I suspect that the PivotViewer is still responding to mouse, and the touches are being translated to mouse.

Try moving your finger over an item, then tapping it.

That should generate the mouse move and trigger the highlight.

Then the tap should work like a mouse click.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:20 PM
  • Your correct that is the way the PivotViewer is responding but unfortunately not practical in a real project scenario. I was hoping there would be a way to force the "SelectedItem" to where the mouse click is, it appears not.

Friday, June 01, 2012 4:37 AM
  • You could try setting the Focus to the element on MouseDown.

Friday, June 01, 2012 7:55 PM
  • I don't think that is possible? If i could hook in to the MouseDown event at the item level like that, it would be a simple case of setting the SelectedItem to the PivotItem.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 4:10 AM
  • Can you style the control and use an attached behavior?

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 5:33 PM
  • I can give that a go. Do you know of any good resources for creating an attached behaviour as a click command in a template?

For ease of testing i have created my item template as:

<pivot:PivotViewer.ItemTemplates>
                    <pivot:PivotViewerItemTemplate>
                        <Grid Width="100" Height="100" Background="Red" />
                    </pivot:PivotViewerItemTemplate>
    </pivot:PivotViewer.ItemTemplates>

Also are you aware of what the default template is? I am using the .cxml method for populating the PivotViewer and will want to return it to displaying the deep zoom images. Although i can't find the template for this.

Thanks

Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:35 AM
  • Your question falls into the paid support category which requires a more in-depth level of support.  Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Product = Visual Studio Support Topics = Libraries/Silverlight

Monday, June 11, 2012 6:15 PM