none
Cannot add facet catagory using Excel to existing collection?

Question

• Hey all,

I created a test collection and I'd like to start refining it, so I opened up the existing collection back into the excel tool and inserted a column to the left of the first facet (I wanted the new one to be the first), I belive this is column J, and when I quick preview or publish it doesn't show up. I'm not trying to add any new items to the collection, just facet catagories.

I mean, I would think adding a facet catagory this way would be really easy, I don't believe I've done anything wrong as far as adding it so I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Can anyone with experience using the Excel tool please chime in and let me know how to successfully add facet catagories to an existing collection?

Thank you so much!

Update: I tested this on another collection and it worked correctly, so something happened on this particular collection. The bummer is I will have to recreate this collection and it has over 1800 items and is going to be a pain in the butt. While there appears to be a bug in the Excel tool I guess there is no problem here.

New Update: So in one collection column B = Preview. This collection works fine when I add catagories. The other collection has column B = Image, with #0 being the first value and then incrementing by 1 each row. I've published both collections so I'm not sure where this B = Image column came from. Can anyone explain this?

Sunday, October 24, 2010 9:59 PM