Expression Studio 2, Expression BLend 3 Mix 09 Preview Problem

Question

• Hello everybody! I'm facing a problem regarding these two programs. I've installed Expression Studio 2. I installed Expression Blend 3 Mix09 Preview. But I'm unable to open any program. It show this screen:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=289x8h5&s=5

Even I'm unable to uninstall them.

I've Visual Studio 2010 Team System Beta 1 Installed. Vista Ultimate x64. Visual Studio 2008 SP1 also. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:45 AM

All replies

•  I found the problem. It is:

Could not load the assembly: 'PresentationFramework, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyTokey=...'

Because these dlls are replaced by .NET 4.0 beta1 dlls. What Can I do now, to remove these programs? Because I've no such file with this version. Now its version is 4.0.something.

Please any MiSFiT Internal, Hurry.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:48 PM
  • Hi Chemist,

Do you have the backup?   Seems that you have converted your existing project with the wizard.  If you have converted it without choosing the backup option, Visual Studio cannot help you convert it back.   Therefore, if it is not a huge project, we can make it back manually.

To remove the installations, you can switch to administrator account , go to ControlPanel and remove the program or use Cleanup.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Monday, June 22, 2009 3:20 AM
  •  Hi Jonathan Shen – MiSFiT, Thanks for the late REPLY. My question is that I'm unable to run blend 2 and blend 3 preview after installing VS 2010. When I debug it in VS, it says this file not found 'PresentationFramework.dll, Version 3.0.0.0' . Please see the attached image of blend while debuggin in VS 2010.

http://i42.tinypic.com/10ne1wn.png

Thanks

Monday, June 22, 2009 3:58 AM
  • Hi Chemist,

My question is that I'm unable to run blend 2 and blend 3 preview after installing VS 2010.

What does "I'm unable to run blend 2 and blend 3 preview " mean?  Do you mean we even can not create a bland new project or just failed to open an existing project? In  your condition, we recommend you remove all the silverlight related(for example, Silverlight 2 RTW, Blend etc) before we install Visual Studio 2010 and reinstall them after Visual Studio 2010 has been installed by following the steps here.  By the way, when we remove Silverlight 2 RTW, we need to confirm whether its installation folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight, by default) has been removed.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Monday, June 22, 2009 5:56 AM
  •  Yes exactly, When I open the Blend 2 or 3 Preview, a dialog opens saying "Blend has stopped working" When I debug it in VS 2008 or 2010, The above exception is thrown. Thanks for being "LATE QUICK". Its still not working.

Monday, June 22, 2009 11:32 AM