Netflix Error: 1001

Question

• PC: Toshiba Satelite L505

Silverlight Version: 4

Browser 1: IE9

Browser 2: Mozilla Firefox 3.6.15

Browser 3: Google Chrome 10.0.648.204

Details:

On IE 9, when clicking on any Netflix Instant Play Movie link, page becomes unresponsive. Refresh does nothing.

On Firefox, when clicking on any Netflix Instant Play Movie link, page displaying "Error:1001" is loaded.

On Chrome, when clicking on any Netflix Instant Play Movie link, page displaying "Error:1001" is loaded.

I called Netflix Customer Service, and, after a clean install of MS Silverlight 4(which did not resolve my issue), they informed me that the problem was being caused by silverlight. They also told me to contact Microsoft Customer Support for help. Unfortunately, MS Customer support is not free, so I'm here.

I've already tried the popular fix which requires adding Netflix to the IE "Trusted Sites", and this did not work.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:46 AM

Answers

• FIX'd

1. Uninstall Silverlight version 4.

2. Install Silverlight version 3.

3. Problem solved.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:14 AM

All replies

• FIX'd

1. Uninstall Silverlight version 4.

2. Install Silverlight version 3.

3. Problem solved.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:14 AM
  • Oops. Double post.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:15 AM
  • I tried everything to fix 1001 Netflix error. First... System Retore, next... uninstall Silverlight and reinstalling by just clicking to stream a video which lead me back to installing Silverlights current version. Also tried adding netflix as a web site in internet options... everything netflix recomended didn't work and they sent me to Microsoft which tech help isn't always free. The following worked... go to control panel and click on uninstall programs... uninstall Silverlight, restarted your pc... go to oldapps.com/silverlight and install older version of Silverlight version 3, once installed, restarted your pc. Go back to netflix, click on a video to instant watch, video streams like before. What happened to me, my pc did a windows update right before I wasn't able to stream a video on Netflix. Doing all the internet searches I just new it was Silverlight and the update that made changes to my pc. I also went and change my pc to not do windows updates automatically. It alerts me and I sellect the updates I want. I don't know exactly why this happened but here's a solution. Hope this works for you!!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:46 AM