none
ErrorCode: 2104 On Netflix

Question

• Hi there,

I am running windows 7 and switch back and forth between the latest builds of Firefox & Chrome for my internet usage.  A while back, I started having trouble with Netflix online streaming.  Regardless of the browser, after a few views, I would get ErrorCode: 2104.  The netflix help page talks about fonts and what not ... clearly not my issue.  I found a temporary solution was to either dump all my tempfiles and cache and then reload the page.  Until recently, that seemed to work alright.  Then it got to the point where I had to uninstall silverlight and reload it from scratch.  Still, the problem persists.  I am able to stream through Windows Media Center and have even gone so far as to reset my DRM.  No idea why this keeps happening.  Does anyone have any suggestions as I'm out of sticks so to speak.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 11:27 AM

Answers

• That error is something to do with the loading of the application, do you have a proxy server or firewall that you could make aware of the Silverlight MIME types? .xap application/octet-stream .xaml application/xaml+xml

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:50 PM

All replies

• That error is something to do with the loading of the application, do you have a proxy server or firewall that you could make aware of the Silverlight MIME types? .xap application/octet-stream .xaml application/xaml+xml

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:50 PM
  • Hi Matthew,

Thanks for response.  I don't use a proxy for anything and only run Microsoft Security on the machine.  It's a pretty standard setup.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:12 PM
  • If you run fiddler to look at the HTTP traffic, what sort of response is netflix sending back when you get the 2104 error?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:49 PM