none
PivotViewer with IIS Express

Question

• Has anybody had any luck getting the PivotViewer control to work when running under VS2010 IIS Express? All I get is a blank screen. Works fine when run under Casini though?

Paul.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:36 PM

Answers

• Did u check with the fiddler the response? May be some security issue.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:15 PM
  • Thanks Senthamil,

I ran Fiddler and could see that IIS Express did not recognise the mime types for .cxml, .dzc and .dzi. Once I added these mime types to IIS Express it works as expected (in fact, it renders much quicker than Casini which is what I was aiming for).

The commands I ran to add the mime types are here just in case it helps anyone else out...

C:\Program Files\IIS Express\ appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='.cxml',mimeType='text/xml']

C:\Program Files\IIS Express\ appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='.dzc',mimeType='text/xml']

C:\Program Files\IIS Express\ appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='.dzi',mimeType='text/xml']

Paul.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:20 AM

All replies

• Did u check with the fiddler the response? May be some security issue.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:15 PM
  • Thanks Senthamil,

I ran Fiddler and could see that IIS Express did not recognise the mime types for .cxml, .dzc and .dzi. Once I added these mime types to IIS Express it works as expected (in fact, it renders much quicker than Casini which is what I was aiming for).

The commands I ran to add the mime types are here just in case it helps anyone else out...

C:\Program Files\IIS Express\ appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='.cxml',mimeType='text/xml']

C:\Program Files\IIS Express\ appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='.dzc',mimeType='text/xml']

C:\Program Files\IIS Express\ appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='.dzi',mimeType='text/xml']

Paul.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:20 AM
  • Thanks for the info,

this helped :)

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:46 AM