none
DomainDataSource with Sort Descending produces reverse order after initial load

Question

• I have a DataPager control bound to a DomainDataSource that has a SortDescriptor with Direction="Descending".  The LoadSize on the DomainDataSource is set to 20.  The PageSize on the DataPager is set to 10. I have a DataGrid with ItemsSource bound to the same DomainDataSource as the DataPager.  When paging through the DataGrid, pages 1-2 are in correct sort order (descending), but then the remaining pages (3-5) are in ascending order. It seems that once it goes past the rows that were loaded initially due to LoadSize=20, it changes sort direction to Ascending.  If I increase the LoadSize to 30 for example, then everything is OK for pages 1-3 and sort goes to descending on pages 4-5. I am using the May 2009 .NET RIA services preview.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:00 AM

All replies

• I could not repro this.  Did you do anything else that might affect the sorting? 

Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:43 PM
  • Are you using Entity  Framework? if yes, can you add an order by to your query

Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:57 PM
  • I could not repro this.  Did you do anything else that might affect the sorting? 

Not that I'm aware of.  I did however, forget to mention that I am using a third party data adapter for the MySQL db connection in the EntityDataModel, so that may be a factor.
    Friday, May 15, 2009 12:32 PM

Are you using Entity  Framework? if yes, can you add an order by to your query

TFYR.  Yes, I am using Entity Framework and a third party db connector for MySQL database.  The column I'm ordering descending is the primary key ("id").  Do you think the problem might be with the third party connector?  I added an OrderByDescending in the DomainService class but it did not help:

public IQueryable GetJobs()
    {
    return this.Context.jobs.Include("view_client").OrderByDescending(j => j.id);
    }

Friday, May 15, 2009 1:08 PM