- 1920x1080, 25fps, 4722kbps data rate, 4915kbps total bit rate, 1:55min long.
I watch it in my silverlight player. It is fine.
Then, it is compressed to a video with 816kbps for both data and total bit rate, same specs otherwise. I watch it in the player, and
- it seems to be playing in slow motion - but the attached clock is still playing at normal speed
- where the video should have stopped (1:55min) it carries on playing as it actually only appears to be about 60% of the way through
- the slider on the media time bar has overshot the end of the time bar
- the video takes a total of over 3 minutes to play to the end - and when it does the slider goes back to the end of media time bar where you would expect it to be
- BUT if you click anywhere on the time bar, the video will go to the place you expect it to go.
But the more video you leave playing, i.e., the earlier you start playing from, the more overshoot there will be for the slider. So if you went to say, 1:54, you would see the correct frame for that time, then the remaining video would "slow down", and the
slider will offshoot only a little bit.
Both videos work fine/as expected in windows media player. I cannot find any other differences between the specs of the video files. Anyone have any idea what is going on? I know it probably has something to do with the way silverlight handles frame rates
- but my lack of experience leaves me a little clueless...