none
Project works great in ASP.Net development server, but not on my website???

Question

• I've been going through the quickstart, just building simple graphics like circles and stuff, and simple animations, and everything works great when I test the project from Expression Blend (in VSOrcas server). So I published the whole project from within VSOrcas to the local copy of my website, then FTP'd it up using Dreamweaver. The page loads but it's blank???????? So I downloaded the tiletext sample and did the same thing, saved to my local copy and FTP'd it up and the same thing!!!!! Can I not use dreamweaver to ftp it? or is there some compatibility issue? I'm kind of in a rush to figure this out because I want to use Silverlight to build a prototype for Thursday evening, eek! Any ideas?

I saw the post about SDK samples not working on the website, but I gave the canvas a color and still nothing. TIA!

Monday, June 11, 2007 4:05 PM

Answers

• that link didn't really help, I don't think it's what I'm looking for, but it doesn't really matter anymore. I contacted my hosting service and they added support for .xaml files so everything is peachy. thanks though

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:50 PM

All replies

• take a look at this post on configuration of the server: http://silverlight.net/forums/p/479/620.aspx#620 and see if that helps.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:35 AM
  • that link didn't really help, I don't think it's what I'm looking for, but it doesn't really matter anymore. I contacted my hosting service and they added support for .xaml files so everything is peachy. thanks though

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:50 PM
  • great, yes if you looked at step 9 on that link it talks about the MIME type for XAML -- i was under the assumption from your original inquiry that you were in control of the server -- glad your host fixed it for you!!!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:23 PM