none
Netflix crashes or silverlight

Question

• When i open some video on netflix (in fullscren, normal is ok) the tab frozes and go completely black, I Already did a "clean uninstall of silverlight (clean the registry and such)" then re-installed (2 times)

- Windows 8
    - Google Chrome (IE too)
    - Netflix US

Like 2 weeks ago i was watching netflix w/o problems. now when i click on the fullscren button go completely black the tab (and after that it say "silverlight as crashed"), i already try too the Hardware Acceleration on the settings on silverlight. (on/off)

Any ways to solve this?

Friday, July 19, 2013 2:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Silverlight 5 (5.1.20513.0) btw
    Friday, July 19, 2013 2:24 AM
  • Hi,

You need to change the privacy setting of your web browser in such a way that they'll fix Silverlight plugin crash. Following steps in the link below: http://www.silverlightcrash.com/

I hope this will help.

Monday, July 22, 2013 12:59 AM
  • I've tried everything listed in that link, and I've used silverlight.diagcab to solve this problem, but none of them would help. Still crashing whether using chrome, IE or FireFox. 

24 Sept 2013 update:

Tried to block http://netflix.com/ again in chrome privacy setting today, and it worked with latest Silverlight. Can watch Netflix video now.

• Edited by Josie Ye Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:39 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 6:27 PM
  • What did you do to finally get netflix working for you? I have tried everything and it keeps crashing within 5 minutes of starting anything. 
    Thursday, October 03, 2013 4:16 PM
  • "updated" to new My Yahoo page, and that's when my problem with Netflix began. Tried a lot of online solutions to no avail. Discovered the little blue symbol in the browser {IE} window. Click on it and it says some content is filtered on this site. Below that is a window to turn off Active X filtering. Clicked on it and Netflix works fine. Hope this helps. Happy Streaming.

• Edited by Diesel9501 Saturday, October 19, 2013 2:22 PM
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 2:13 PM
  • I had the same issues, I did everything-uninstalled Silverlight, uninstalled Chrome, but I realized that it wasn't until I'd put the free version of AVG on my computer did I have the SL/Netflix issues. Once I removed all traces of AVG, Silverlight hasn't given me one issue. ...Hope that helps.
    Saturday, November 02, 2013 10:57 PM