none
Adding To Sort Dropdown Without Adding To Left Filter List

Question

• Hey,

I want to create a new filter that will put my records in alphabetical order but not have the filter to be listed on the left panel filter list.

Is this possible?

David

Monday, June 27, 2011 12:14 PM

All replies

• Do you mean to give a default sort facet when loading the collection?

If so, below link will help

http://forums.silverlight.net/forums/p/215946/512236.aspx

Monday, July 04, 2011 2:02 AM
  • No for example. I have a pivot viewer with different types of cars listed, like BMW M3, Audi R10, Honda Accord, etc.

When it is being viewed, you have the filter to your left catagorized as Make. What I would like to do is even though there is no filter in Make, I would like it to display the cars in alphabetical order. Right now when it shows all car, you have like BMW M3 first, then another random car. There is no order to it. How do I make it display in alphabetical order without having to create a facet for it because if I create a facet for it, it will list each vehicle one by one if I want it in alphabetical order, which is not the way to do this.

I hope this was a clear explaination of what I need.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:18 PM
  • That is not a supported feature in the current (or the upcoming) PivotViewer.  It has been brought to the team's attention, but there are no plans that I know of to support it.

But I do know that it has been asked of the team before, because I've asked them for it. :)

Tony

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:44 PM
  • Thanks. Did you do anything to get around this?

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:48 PM