none
How to display Static Text properties in Info panel

Question

• Based on "Developer Info: Collection Design", the Info panel can display properties in three different kinds of text: Filters, Static Text, and Links.  Howerer, I'm only able to define the cxml that shows as Filters, the cxml looks like this:

<Items>
      <Item Id="0" Name="abc">
        <Description>hello world</Description>
        <Facets>
          <Facet Name="Age">
            <Number Value="1"/>
          </Facet>
        </Facets>
      <Item>
    </Items>

Could someone help me on this?  Thanks

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:45 AM

Answers

• If I understand the question, you will need to look at the values in the <FacetCategories> nodes, found above the <Items>  tag in your copy paste. As an example, setting the "Age" facetcategory for IsMetaDataVisible will show the value in the infopane. If you set IsFilterVisible False, there will not be a filter, which for this single faceted collection example, will seem strange.

The supported FacetCategory Types are Number, Date, String, LongString, and Link, here are some examples from an AMG Movie Collection, if you play around with your FacetCategory values and look at the filterpane, search, and infopane, the capabilities will become obvious.

<FacetCategory Name="Featured Cast" Type="Link" IsFilterVisible="false" IsMetaDataVisible="true" IsWordWheelVisible="false" />

<FacetCategory Name="Box Office Gross" Format="$#,###,###,###" Type="Number" IsFilterVisible="true" IsMetaDataVisible="true" IsWordWheelVisible="false" />

<FacetCategory Name="Plot" Type="LongString" IsFilterVisible="false" IsMetaDataVisible="true" IsWordWheelVisible="false" />

Thanks,

Bradley

Example FacetCategories description for your specific colleciton question,

<FacetCategories>
    <FacetCategory Name="Age" Format="0" Type="Number" IsFilterVisible="false" IsMetaDataVisible="true"/></FacetCategories>

<Items>
      <Item Id="0" Name="abc">
        <Description>hello world</Description>
        <Facets>
          <Facet Name="Age">
            <Number Value="1"/>
          </Facet>
        </Facets>
      <Item>
    </Items>

Thursday, July 08, 2010 7:02 PM