none
Silverlight 4 + Ria Services Domain Service Query returns wrong results

    Question

  • I have a DataService method that returns an IQueryable of my type. before the return statement, my list has all the correct values,

    after the return statement, in the asynchronous callback method, all the objects in the list have the same values.

     Not sure where to go with this one, kinda scratching my head... any ideas?

    Monday, January 18, 2010 4:27 PM

Answers

  • I copied and pasted the code into a new service and created a new class (same name as old one with a 2 afterwards) and it worked... I think it has something to do with the same Key being generated for each object. I'm just passing back random data so i did a Math.random in the constructor for the key generation... but i forgot to call it from an override constructor... not sure if this was the problem or if it was in addition to this though,  thanks for the quick response though, i'll let you know if it works

    Monday, January 18, 2010 7:24 PM

All replies

  • Can you provide a little more detail, or some code?

    Monday, January 18, 2010 6:06 PM
  • I copied and pasted the code into a new service and created a new class (same name as old one with a 2 afterwards) and it worked... I think it has something to do with the same Key being generated for each object. I'm just passing back random data so i did a Math.random in the constructor for the key generation... but i forgot to call it from an override constructor... not sure if this was the problem or if it was in addition to this though,  thanks for the quick response though, i'll let you know if it works

    Monday, January 18, 2010 7:24 PM
  • can you please show the example that how you can make custom type of iqureyable entity and how did you get results on client.... i am trying it and it does not seem to be working.......:(

    Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:03 AM
  • I am also experiencing this problem.  Domain Service query returns entities with certain fields all containing the same value, regardless of what is actually in the database.  I will try to whittle my code down to a small reproducible example.

    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 7:01 PM
  • Found the problem.  In the EF model, the view I was querying had insufficient columns as primary keys to differentiate returned rows.

    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 7:05 PM