none
scrolling marquee change of duration causes marquee to change position

Question

• Hi,

this is probably a bit hard to explain.

I have a scrolling marquee of images and when I go over with with the mouse, depending on the location of my mouse pointer I want to alter the direction or speed of the marquee.

I have done this in the mouse over event by modifying the duration or the end position of the marquee of images however I have noticed that when this happens, the marquee itself temporarily changes position.  I have for example set the marquee to pause and then I changed the storyboard's duration and noticed that as soon as I change the storyboard's duration value, if I decrease it, the marquee automatically moves slightly to the right (if it were scrolling leftwards), this is probably the position where the animation would have been had it started with that set duration so in a way it makes sense however I do not want this effect.

Does anyone have any idea on how to reduce this effect?  I was originally thinking of implementing some form of acceleration/deceleration of the duration value but I don't know if that would make sense.  I was also wondering if you had any better ideas.

Thanks,

Norbert

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:30 AM