none
Silverlight plugin has crashed

General discussion

• I am using Windows 7 64bit Ultimate and for some reason I had a problem that I have seen many people on here was having and was blaming Firefox's Plugin Container when watching Netflix or anything using Microsoft's Silverlight. But it isn't the Container that is causing the "Silverlight Plugin Has Crashed" problem. I just talked to Microsoft about it and found the solution on fixing it. The problem is the Computer Browser.

You go to "run", then type in "SERVICES.MSC" when that pops up scroll down to "Computer Browser" highlight it then in the left hand side at the top you will see "Restart the service". That's it. Restart computer. Now Firefox will play Silverlight.

I have read so many posts about this with people coming up with all sorts of things to try to fix this, but none has worked....for me anyway.

So do this and I'm sure you'll be happy again.
    Monday, February 18, 2013 3:14 PM

All replies

• Also if you have WindowBlinds 7.0 installed it will cause the "Silverlight plugin has crashed" problem when you try to watch Netflix in full screen mode. Which is too bad because i was just about to buy WindowBlinds. So I'll just use windows 7 themes from Microsoft.
    • Edited by mbrady1960 Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:17 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:03 AM
  • Hi,

It is very kind of you to share this to us.

Thanks again.

Amy Peng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 25, 2013 7:59 AM
  • When I type SERVICES.MSC and hit enter then after some time I am getting 1 pop up message telling that

" Not Enough Memory to Complete this operation"

How to increase memory/resolve this

Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:13 AM
  • I carried out what you suggested and it did not fix my problem, and now my laptop will not support any other theme other than windows basic. It feels like I am using a computer from the 90's.

How do I resolve this problem and allow my laptop to use the aero style of themes once again as it says something about not supporting it/need to activate windows desktop manager, but I do not know how to do this.
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:35 PM
  • worked for me..thanks
    Friday, July 18, 2014 7:51 AM