none
SILVERLIGHT KEEPS CRASHING WITH NETFLIX!!!!!!!

Question

• Netflix KEEPS CRASHING WITH SILVERLIGHT

This is killing me, been using netflix for as long as I can remember, windows 7 - 8

Something changed in the past couple of days, because it crashes (goes black, no audio, have to stop plugin ON ALL BROWSERS!!)

I've uninstalled, cleaned reg, reinstalled, uninstall browser, everything you can think of

Windows 8

Silverlight 5

Need help, having to reset netflix each time is ruining it

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I am not sure whether Silverlight cause the issue. Did it throw any error message when it was wrong? If so, please provide us with it. Based on my experience, you may try the methods below:

In addition, I'd like to suggest you to post the issue on Netflix Help Center to get help from another aspect.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:40 AM
  • I am also experiencing issues with silverlight. If badly effects netflix and on occasion facebook. While trying to watch netflix, it will be fine for a bit then suddenly it'll freeze firefox up as well as completely bog down my poor laptop, sucking up 100% cpu. And I also have for a whole been getting different unresponsive script messages, including for silverlight. Before the newest few versions of firefox and silverlight, netflix ran just fine. What happens with netflix. Will act up but return to playing. Then suddenly locks up, sucking all cpu/memory. Firefox will also randomly "jump" and also go Not Responding then not. I end up having to wait for my computer to catch up to my clicking the X to close or manual shit down with power button. The jumping has also happened a few times while viewing facebook. A reinstall of silverlight fixed that but not the najor issue with netflix. HD is also turned off on netflix (poor old laptop cant handle it). This is driving me nuts!! O.o Win7 up to date Firefox 28 (just updated as of this posting) Silverlight 5
    Friday, March 28, 2014 5:34 AM
  • It is now August and this problem still is here. I have uninstalled and installed a gazillion times. It is nothing wrong with our computers or Netflix. For all these Millions of people to be having the same problem on many different computers and no matter if you are using IE, Chrome, Firefox or what ever, it is still happening. Can you guys please find a fix for your program so I don't waste my hard earned money. You pay for netflix and half of the time I cant watch it because of the whole silverlight issue. PLEASE FIX THIS!
    Monday, August 04, 2014 8:12 PM
  • I know this is old but to anyone reading this:

I found these steps on the Netflix website and it seems to have solved my problem! 

1. Quit all open browsers - including this window! You may want to print/copy the following steps.
    2. Press and hold the Windows key and tap the letter R on the keyboard at the same time. This displays the Run window.
    3. Type %userprofile%/appdata and select OK.
    4. Open the LocalLow folder.
    5. Open the Microsoft folder.
    6. Open the Silverlight folder.
    7. Right-click on the is folder and select Delete.
    8. Reopen browser and Netflix should work.

Hope it works for you too!

Saturday, August 30, 2014 8:52 PM