none
Silverlight Error 2104

Question

• I've been developing an applciation on Silverlight 2 RTW, and suddenly, inexplicably, I am getting the following Error:

Unhandled Exception in Silverlight 2 Application

Code: 2104

Category: Initialze Error

Message: Could not download the Silverlight Application. Check the web server settings

Monday, December 01, 2008 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hi

You need to add the MIME TYPES through default websites properties for .XAP File type(it is application/x-silverlight-app).

application/xaml+xml for .XAML File types(if needed)

Mark Answered if it helped you.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 12:42 AM

All replies

• This usually occurs when the .xap file can't be read. Can you point your browser to the .xap file and see if the web server is serving it correctly? 

Monday, December 01, 2008 4:24 PM
  • Try using http://www.fiddlertool.com/fiddler/ or web helper tool and see what kind of network is going through ... it is worth going through this way and check the response code too.... one reason could be the access rights to the clientbin folder and also the window security to the folder/ xap file. if it is downloading then you also need to make sure that App is the Main page to run under Xap.  ...

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 12:04 AM
  • Hi

You need to add the MIME TYPES through default websites properties for .XAP File type(it is application/x-silverlight-app).

application/xaml+xml for .XAML File types(if needed)

Mark Answered if it helped you.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 12:42 AM
  • My .xap is on my server but returns 404 entirely... Is it the MIME types for me too?

Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:28 PM
  • If your .xap file name is in the format MyCompany.MyApplication.xap then also Error 2104 is thrown. After I rename the .xap file to MyApplication.xap from Project properties it was solved.

Saturday, January 02, 2010 5:19 AM