none
PivotViewer Excel Add-In

General discussion

• I have been using PivotViewer for several years now but have recently bought a new computer and have found replacing the program very difficult. Microsoft readily provides the Silverlight Tools necessary to run pivot but no longer provides the actual PivotViewer. After a great deal of searching, I managed to find it here, at http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/dd4a479f-92d6-496f-867d-666c87fbaada/default.aspx (Sorry, the forum is not letting me include links)

The next step was to find the excel add-in, which I have been totally unsuccessful. The usual location, http://www.silverlight.net/learn/pivotviewer/download-excel-tool, is longer operating and nowhere can I find where microsoft has moved said plug-in. After searching over the course of several days, I still cannot find where to find this excel plug-in.

I really can't use PivotViewer otherwise, as I have virtually no coding experience. Surely it must still be offered somewhere.

As it stands, it appears I will have to create the excel file on the second computer, send it over to the first one, click publish Pivot Collection, and send the files on back to the second computer and view with the PivotViewer.

Alternative to finding the Excel Plugin for PivotViewer, if somebody does have it installed, I would love to know to which directory it is installed. I may be able to copy over all the appropriate files from my first computer and install it manually on the second.

So: Where can I install the Excel Plugin for PivotViewer, or How can I copy over a working version of the Plugin to a new computer?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:37 PM

All replies

• Silverlight have moved to msdn, you should go to msdn to find information about silverlight.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:26 AM
  • This post is at the address http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/silverlightpivotviewer/thread/4ed06b45-dde4-4388-b1d9-30456429ed0a/

Notice the MSDN.microsoft.com domain; this post is three clicks away from the MSDN homepage, so I'm inclined that this is posted in the right place. (I am here, at MSDN, looking for information about silverlight).

And as I've already pointed out, Microsoft does not offer any information on the Excel Plug-in on their website, and the only thing under MSDN's learn pages are how to work with XAML, Javascript, and other coding options. I am looking for the Excel Plug-in so that I don't have to deal with coding. 
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:55 PM
  • Hi

Just wondering if you've had any luck with this - I've been searching everywhere for the plug-in and come up empty handed.  Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:24 PM
  • I watched a webinar for the Office 365 Launch this morning and the Excel Pivot Viewer was demonstrated.  From what I'm reading in this forum it appears that it must be included with OWA (Office Web Apps) but not with the desktop suite.  Can anyone confirm?

Brian

Brian

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:03 PM
  • I am attempting to find the Excel Plugin as well, and haven't had much luck. Any update?

Brian: I was looking through the Office 365 and OWA sites but couldn't find any mention of Pivtoviewer. Do you know if it could be a part of the developer tab in Excel?

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:43 PM
  • I need this plug in too.  Where can I find it?
    Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:30 PM
  • I'm with you guys. I need it too. Anyone make any progress finding it?
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:53 PM
  • Hi all,

I found an archived copy of the PivotCollectionTool_V2, so I thought I'd share it.

You can download it from my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qhwbeipyqmrebeb/7QE3hnmRj8/PivotViewer

Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers,

Tony

• Edited by Tony Gaul Wednesday, April 03, 2013 10:03 AM Remove hyperlink
    Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:41 AM
  • Oh, man! Thank you so much! I just installed it, and it works great!
    Wednesday, April 03, 2013 5:08 PM
  • I second that!  I usually am good about keeping things I might need, but this one slipped through the cracks.

I guess there's not much future for PivotViewer on Silverlight.  I was hoping.  Oh well.  Great end result, but way too many files.  With DSL, it would take DAYS to upload my collections. 

Tried an HTML5 version.  Buggy.

Friday, November 29, 2013 4:36 PM
  • Hello Tony,

Please, Can you to share the file with me?. The link of the post is broken.

E-mail: pukara8@hotmail.com

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 8:35 PM
  • hi tony,

if you still have this add-in anywhere could you please upload and post a new link.

once i have got it I will also do the same

would save so much time in generating the collections!

Ben

Saturday, September 06, 2014 11:10 AM
  • hi andrew, if you have this please can you share!!

thanks all

Saturday, September 06, 2014 11:11 AM