none
Memory leak problem in Thumb control

Question

• I think I have detected a new problem with memory leak in Silverlight 4. Now, this new problem has been detected in Thumb control.

I have created a new Silverlight 4 application with three pages:
    - MainPage: With a content control, and three buttons. The first button load the Page1 in the content control. The second button load the Page 2 in the content control. And the last button will call ten times to GC.Collect() and GC.WaitForPendingFinalizers().
    - Page1: Empty page.
    - Page2:

XAML:

<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="Pink" Width="400" Height="400">

<Thumb x:Name="myThumbStart"
    Grid.Row="0"
    Height="50"
    HorizontalAlignment="Left"
    VerticalAlignment="Top"
    Width="50"
    DragDelta="myThumbStart_DragDelta"
    >
    </Thumb>

</Grid>

Code behind:

public partial class DualSlider3 : UserControl
    {

public DualSlider3()
    {
    InitializeComponent();
    }

private void myThumbStart_DragDelta(object sender, System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.DragDeltaEventArgs e)
    {
    double newMarginLeft = myThumbStart.Margin.Left + e.HorizontalChange;

if ((newMarginLeft >= 0) && (this.LayoutRoot.ActualWidth > (newMarginLeft + myThumbStart.ActualWidth)))
    {
    myThumbStart.Margin = new Thickness(newMarginLeft, 0, 0, 0);
    }
    }

}

If I load the Page2 and I move the Thumb control doing drag with mouse from left side to right side several times, when I load the Page1 and press GC button, the Page2 (and all its content) is not removed from memory. I checked it with WinDbg.

Can anybody test this problem?

Monday, May 10, 2010 6:09 AM

All replies

• Its exactly the same bug which I already posted here. It affects nearly every drag & drop operation. Hope we get an answer this time...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:00 AM