none
Requirements for wp7.1 application

General discussion

• please provide me the answers to the following questions because of lots of limitations i now am making the todo application for wp7.1 please tell me 1) can i work in vs2010? 2)what are the other installation requirements? 3)i have to use silverlight+mvvm ....can someone please give me some links to good tutorials... what database should i use...as now i m not creating its web application and synchronizing them...now i hav to create backup data and export it to my email.... please reply fast..
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1) can i work in vs2010?

Yes.

2)what are the other installation requirements?

Every thing you need will be installed with the tools. If you get any errors you can post them here.

3)i have to use silverlight+mvvm

This two links should give you a starting point:

what database should i use

That's up to you. My first choice would be SQL Server in combination with WCF Data Services to get data from the data source.

Friday, September 23, 2011 4:18 AM
  • Cry

when i download wp7.1 developer tools beta2 ..and install it..it says i need to install vs2010 SP1...

i downloaded VS2010 SP1 from microsoft's site and tried to install it but it is giving me this error 

"microsoft visual studio SP1 has not been installed because download failed with error code 0*800c0005"

please help me out.....how to fix this problem..  

Sunday, September 25, 2011 10:37 AM
  • Hi,

did you tried it with the Web Platform Installer? http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx

Monday, September 26, 2011 4:53 AM
  • i tried this...

it downloaded the vs201 sp1 but could not install it...i dont know why...it didnt give any error ...but it was stuck at one point for hours ....

i then tried it on my laptop...it says the web installer could not be started...i couldnt find any solution even after searching for hours...

i'm so disappointed..i think i should shift back to wp7 and make a simple application.... because if i keep on with this...i'll waste my time and effort....

previously i was using LINQ to XML as database with wp7....plz give me some good links ...

Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:00 PM