none
OOB Navigation Error - Arg_TargetInvocationException

Question

• I have a Silverlight 4 application built off the Silverlight Business Application template. On one view I have a comboBox that I have page names loaded into for navigation to other views.

<ComboBox Name="cbNav" Height="27" Width="150" Margin="10,6,0,6" FontSize="11" FontWeight="Bold">
                        <ComboBoxItem Content="Admin Links" IsSelected="True"/>
                        <ComboBoxItem Content="Site Notes" />
                        <ComboBoxItem Content="Site List"/>
                        <ComboBoxItem Content="Customer List"/>
                        <ComboBoxItem Content="Group Admin"/>
                        <ComboBox.Effect>
                            <DropShadowEffect/>
                        </ComboBox.Effect>
                    </ComboBox>
    Here is the code behind:
      Private Sub cbNav_SelectionChanged(sender As System.Object, e As System.Windows.Controls.SelectionChangedEventArgsHandles cbNav.SelectionChanged
            If cbNav.SelectedIndex > 0 Then

If cbNav.SelectedIndex = 1 Then
                    objApp.gvTitle = "Site Notes"
                    NavigationService.Navigate(New Uri("/Management/Notes"UriKind.Relative)) 'Notes
                End If

If cbNav.SelectedIndex = 2 Then
                    objApp.gvTitle = "Site List"
                    NavigationService.Navigate(New Uri("/Management/MSites"UriKind.Relative)) 'Site List
                End If

If cbNav.SelectedIndex = 3 Then
                    objApp.gvTitle = "Customer List"
                    NavigationService.Navigate(New Uri("/Management/MCustomer"UriKind.Relative)) 'Customer List
                End If

If cbNav.SelectedIndex = 4 Then
                    objApp.gvTitle = "Equipment History Groups"
                    NavigationService.Navigate(New Uri("/Management/MEquipmentMapAdmin"UriKind.Relative)) 'Customer List
                End If

End If
        End Sub
    Everything works great in browser, but when I try to run it OOB I get a Arg_TargetInvocationError, but only when I 
    select the Site List entry that navigates to /Management/MSites. The other pages load fine
    I have other simular applications that run fine OOB, but I can't figure out what it different about this one.
    Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:09 PM

Answers

• Cathrine,

Thanks for the detailed response. I wasn't able to use your suggestions because I couldn't get the sllauncher command to work so that I could debug it in OOB mode.

As a work a round I resorted to commenting out the code until the view loaded, then see what broke it. It turned out I used a

Dim m As HtmlElement = HtmlPage.Document.GetElementById("MyIFrame")

statement so that I could reference an Iframe on the host page and that crashed the page when running OOB. I solved this by using

If App.Current.IsRunningOutOfBrowser Then
     Else
     End If

and everything worked fine.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hi chasday,

Welcome to Silverlight Forum!

According to your description, the project can work well in browser but not in OOB. I have tried to reproduce your issue, but it works well. In order to resolve your issue, could you set some breakpoints at the code below:

NavigationService.Navigate(New Uri("/Management/Notes", UriKind.Relative)) 'Notes

And

NavigationService.Navigate(New Uri("/Management/MSites", UriKind.Relative)) 'Site List

Then compare the difference of the result. Besides, please whether the url /Management/MSites exists.

If it doesn't help you, please try to catch the exceptions as follows:

1. Open Visual Studio and click Debug menu->Exceptions.

2. Check "Common Language Runtime Exceptions".

In this way,  the debugger will stop when an exception is thrown. 

Best wishes, 

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:45 AM
  • Cathrine,

Thanks for the detailed response. I wasn't able to use your suggestions because I couldn't get the sllauncher command to work so that I could debug it in OOB mode.

As a work a round I resorted to commenting out the code until the view loaded, then see what broke it. It turned out I used a

statement so that I could reference an Iframe on the host page and that crashed the page when running OOB. I solved this by using

If App.Current.IsRunningOutOfBrowser Then
     Else
     End If

and everything worked fine.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:22 AM
  • Hi chasday,

Very glad to hear that you have resolved your issue and thank you for sharing your solution. 

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:34 PM