none
Unable to create silverlight project

Question

•  Hi there

I have VS2008 & Silverlight 2.0 installed when i make a silverlight project in reference folder am seeing dll's like the attached image, i dont find these 3 dlls in my pc to add manually. can some one guide me to solve the issue. please refer the image attached

Silverlight Error

Regards

Pingo

Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:21 AM

Answers

• For the Error 4 and 5 Please check if you have System.Web.Silverlight dll in your reference. If it is threre then once remove and again add it. This reference should be present in your website where you are using asp:Silverlight tag.

Also chek with a html page with object tag that does not need asp:Silverlight tag and see if it is working. (Exclude your aspx page and run the html test page)

Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:52 AM

All replies

•  Please check if you have Visual Studio 2008 service pack 1 installed and Silverlight tools for Visual Stuio 2008 installed.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:27 AM
  •  I do have visual studio 2008 Sp1 (KB945140), but while installing silverlight tools am uable to do it, right now am uninstalling all previous versions of silverlight and try silverlight tools again, will that help me of any sort

Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:40 AM
  • Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:49 AM
  • See if you have uninstall everything like this and if you have followed this procedure for installing.

I follwed this way and i opened my toolkit source code and run it and seems to work fine. No error.

. Just go to control panel,

2. Click add/remove programs

You will find 3 silverlight icon

a, Unstall Microsoft Silverlight Beta pluggins 

b, Uninstall Microsoft Beta  Silverlight 2 SDK

c, Uninstall Silverlight Beta Tools for VS 2008 SP1

Please follow this steps to install.

This is the procedure i followed and it worked perfectly

This works for both XP and Vista.

1. VS 2008 installed first, then VS2008 SP1

2. install Silverligh_tools.exe 72.3MB with internet connection and everything worked perfectly.

3. Then  install Blend Trial.exe and afterwards Blend SP1. The blend must work perfectly and also is integrated with S2 RTW application.

If this post was helpful then please 'Mark as Answer'

Sharker Khaleed Mahmud
    Sr. Software Developer
    (MCP,MCTS,MCPD[web])

This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped

Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:19 AM
  •  Once i uninstalled all previous installations of silverlight i have successfully installed tools for silverlight :)

Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:22 AM
  •  Thanks for reply, i have successfully installed Silverlight Tools but i have 4 errors while building an application

1)  Element 'Silverlight' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site, or the web.config file is missing.    ( I do have web.Config file)

2) Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'system.web.silverlight.dll'.

3) Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Silverlight' or one of its dependencies. 

4) Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'system.web.silverlight.dll'.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:27 AM
  •  Try clean the solution then rebuild.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:29 AM
  •  Thanks for reply tanmoy, i cleaned and i do have "System.Web.Silverlight.dll.refresh" in bin folder but it gives

Warning    1    Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): Attribute 'style' is not a valid attribute of element 'html'

Warning    2    Element 'Silverlight' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site, or the web.config file is missing.   

Warning    3    Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'system.web.silverlight.dll'. Cannot find assembly 'C:\Documents and Settings\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Libraries\Server\System.Web.Silverlight.dll'.    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SilverlightSurface\SilverlightSurface\SilverlightSurface_Web\Bin\system.web.silverlight.dll.refresh    C:\...\SilverlightSurface_Web\

Error    4    Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Silverlight' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.   

Error    5    Unknown server tag 'asp:Silverlight'.   

Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:34 AM
  • Did you read my above post? Did u follow the order, the way it was written. Do check

If any of my post was helpful then please 'Mark as Answer'

Sharker

Sunday, November 16, 2008 8:41 AM
  • For the Error 4 and 5 Please check if you have System.Web.Silverlight dll in your reference. If it is threre then once remove and again add it. This reference should be present in your website where you are using asp:Silverlight tag.

Also chek with a html page with object tag that does not need asp:Silverlight tag and see if it is working. (Exclude your aspx page and run the html test page)

Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:52 AM
  • Create a new Silverlight project using > Project type Silverlight ASP.Net web application project and check what happened.

If still getting same error try to reinstall Silverlight tools again.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 11:21 AM