none
How to Host Silverlight Project file in ISS 6.5 Manager ?

General discussion

• Hai !!  All

I want to host my application in ISS manager through that in local all user can access my application using IP address. I am using Silverlight 4 and WIndows 7. How to Host my Silverlight Business Application in ISS manager....? 

Please give me the solution if anyone know .........

Thanks & Regards,
    Sanjay
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:20 AM

All replies

• You need to create a site in IIS (or just use the default web site if you want), place your Silverlight application in the ClientBin directory, and create an HTML page with an object tag pointing to the XAP (an example of this page should have been created for you by Visual Studio when you added the Silverlight application to your web project).  Additionally, you may have to register the MIME type for the xap to be served correctly by IIS and directions for that task can be found at the following URL:

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/262/configuring-iis-for-silverlight-applications/

Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:12 AM
  • Sorry still i have problem to host my application. MIME type n all i set already. Now tell me what next i have to do and

if anyone can send me step by step process to host Silverlight application in ISS manager then

Please send me solution .

Thanks in advance,

Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:31 AM
  • What have you done at this point and what is the problem you're experiencing?

Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:44 AM
  • Hai !!! Kyle

I visited the site which u provided and I added all MIME Types .....Now what next i have to do ? Actually my system is connected in Lan and other people want to access the same application from their mechine just writing IP address and page name ........

So do u have any solution....Can u send me step by step process....

Thanks ,

Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:49 AM
  • Hai !!!

Everyone ....Is there Anyone who is having solution for this post ? Still i am facing problem to host my Silverlight

Application in ISS Server ...

Anyone is there to help ?

Thanks,

Sanjay

Friday, August 12, 2011 3:17 AM
  • Are you wanting to know how to get your application hosted or are you having trouble accessing it?  If you need to know how to host it, here is one set of steps:

1) Open the solution containing your Silverlight application and the web that will be hosting it.

2) Right-click on the web project and select "Publish..."

3) Set the Publish Method to "File System" and the target location to an empty directory on your computer (for this example we'll say it is "c:\temp\webfiles") - note that if you're more comfortable with this process you could have the publish tool copy the files straight to your IIS folder

4) Copy the contents of your publish folder (not the folder itself though) to "C:\inetpub\wwwroot"

5) in your web browser go to http://localhost and verify that the site displays

If the site displays, then you have successfully set up the site in IIS and will now need to work on getting the other machines on your network able to access it.  One of the most likely hurdles you will face on that end will be to ensure Windows Firewall (or whatever similar product you have running on your workstation) is set up to allow inbound traffic on port 80.

Friday, August 12, 2011 6:35 AM
  • Hai !!! Kyle

Thanks you i hosted my application. But When i am running my application its showing DB error. Database file had not been added it seems ...I kept my Linq to Sql file in Model.

Do u have any solution ?Please help me to do it ....

Thanks in Advance,

Sanjay

Friday, August 12, 2011 7:31 AM
  • Hi Sanjay. U mentioned that  "Actually my system is connected in Lan and other people want to access the same application from their mechine just writing IP address and page name ........". So  what the steps u followed to solve this.  I have same situation. Plz can u post the steps here. I'm sending u my mail id also. If possible please post with snap shots. jkumarsahoo@live.com

Friday, August 12, 2011 8:33 AM
  • But When i am running my application its showing DB error.

What is the exact wording of the error you are receiving?

Friday, August 12, 2011 8:35 AM
  • Hai !!! Rakun

Kyle has given above few steps. Follow that And ask him to replace the localhost with your IP address. And remaining is

same Something like '

http://localhost/BillApps/MyBill_ApplicationTestPage.html#/Home

If this is your URL then just place localhost with ur IP and ask whos is willing to access your application to press enter,.

It will work. now he also can access your application if he is in LAN connection.

But still i have problem. Which application i hosted that is not connected with my local Database.....So its showing DB error....

Lets see next post for DB.

Hope it helps u ,

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay

Friday, August 12, 2011 8:43 AM
  • Hai !!! KyleMBurns

Actually when I am trying to login its showing error like

Load Operation feild for query 'Login' . The remote server returned as Error, Not Found.....

Please help me if you have solution for this ............

Thanks in Advance,

Sanjay

Friday, August 12, 2011 8:47 AM
  • Hi Sanjay Shall I hav to copy only the contents in the published folder to the wwwroot or the whole folder. If I'm developing more than one solution at a time in my system & want to host both, so then what to do. I think u got my point. And for ur database problem is ur database in ur local machine, then in the database connection insted of the computer name try with ur system IP address. Think this will help u

Friday, August 12, 2011 8:54 AM
  • what database are you using?

Friday, August 12, 2011 9:06 AM
  • MSSQL SERVER. and SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO 2008

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:53 AM
  • Hai !!! Rakun

You can copy all content of the published folder and you can make one new folder in www root and you can paste it.

or else you can just copy the published folder to www root folder and then run application url like

http://localhost/BillApps/MyBill_ApplicationTestPage.html

Hope your problem is solved....

Thanks & Regards,
    Sanjay
    Please "Mark as Answer",If it helped you.Bcz It may help others too.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:01 AM
  • Hai !!! Rakun

Actually I am connecting my DB with KASUMSPC-001\SQLEXPRESS. and My Connection strings is

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="TEMP_DBConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=KASUMSPC-001\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=TEST_DB;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=sanjoykss"
          providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
      </connectionStrings>

So here i cant able to change my server name which is KASUMSPC-001\SQLEXPRESS. So what shall i do ?

Do u have any Solution for this ?

If so please help me here ..

Thanks,
    Sanjay
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:06 AM
  • I am not quite understand why you want to change server name, if you are connnecting to KASUMSPC-001\SQLEXPRESS, then just leave it as that. Do you still get any error? 

Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:41 AM
  • Yes .....Same error here ....

Can you help me 2 solve this problem ?

Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:46 AM
  • <connectionStrings> 
     <add name="DataDBConn" connectionString="Data Source=192.165.0.39;Initial Catalog=DBNAME;User ID=sa;Password=sa@adm;" /> 
    </connectionStrings>
    Try with this. If not solved then insted of "KASUMPC-001\SQLEXPRESS" only put "KASUMPC-001" . 
    I think this will solve ur problem.
    Thanks for helping me for hosting
    Friday, August 19, 2011 2:07 AM
  • Hai !!! Rakun

I tried with KASUMPC-001 But its not working. When running the application its showing sql connection error..........

If you have any other solution then let me know ...

Thanks,

Sanjay

Friday, August 19, 2011 2:19 AM
  • <add name="DataDBConn" connectionString="Data Source=192.165.0.39;Initial Catalog=DBNAME;User ID=sa;Password=sa@adm;" />

Hav u tried with this. Its working fine for me. 

Friday, August 19, 2011 2:56 AM
  • Hai !!!

Actually I am not able to try this one. Because My SQL Server is Connecting server name is like  KASUMSPC-001\SQLEXPRESS Not any IP Address. So if i will give any ip address it will not work.. Or else can i change my Server name in SQL Server....How to change it to IP address ?

Do u have solution for this ?

Thanks,

Sanjay

Friday, August 19, 2011 3:07 AM
  • If the DataBase is in ur local machine then u can also use the IP of ur local machine.

Friday, August 19, 2011 3:14 AM
  • Ya Database is in my own mechine only .............

Now tell me the steps how to change my DB Server Name as IP address....

Provide me the steps if you can please /.............

Friday, August 19, 2011 3:53 AM
  • check ur hotmail

Friday, August 19, 2011 4:06 AM
  • Helloooo !!! Rakun

Which mail (Steps to host application) i sent u previously in ur mail same mail you hav sent me again...

I didnt asked that ...I asking about How to change my Servername in SQL SERVER then i can use it in connection string as IP address...istead of using KASUMSPC-001\SQLEXPRESS...

and you have send me the same mail which i sent you....

Friday, August 19, 2011 4:15 AM
  • U did not get the reply message. Ok now check the new mail

Friday, August 19, 2011 4:19 AM
  • Yes I will check and tell u ......k

Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:12 AM