none
uninstall silverlight on mac os x

Question

• i want to remove silverlight from my mac os x completely - can you tell me how i do that? thank you :-) lyla
    Thursday, August 23, 2007 10:17 AM

All replies

• rm -rf /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/Silverlight.plugin
    rm -rf /Library/Receipts/Silverlight*.pkg
    rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Microsoft/Silverlight

Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:16 PM
  • what's rm -rf / stands for?Smile

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:10 PM
  • what's rm -rf / stands for?Smile

rm = remove

-r = recursively

-f = force

If you open a terminal window on a Mac, you can use those commands to delete files.  You can also type "man rm" (without the quotes) in a terminal window for more details on the 'rm' command

Thursday, February 28, 2008 3:17 PM
  • In the interest of preventing someone a big heartache I feel like i should chime in here and let it be known that it would be a really, really bad idea run the "rm -rf" command with the root of the file system "/" as an argument: that would unlink your entire filesystem.  In other words erase all your files on your mac.  Don't do it. :)

Monday, September 29, 2008 9:25 PM
  • On Snow Leopard the receipts are stored in a different location, try looking here and deleting the receipt if its found: /var/db/receipts
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 1:32 PM
  • Thanks! This helped -- the extra receipt files to remove, in addition the ones above, were listed in

/var/db/receipts

com.microsoft.installSilverlightPlugin.bom
    com.microsoft.installSilverlightPlugin.plist

I searched for "uninstall silverlight for osx" to reach this page -- hope it helps someone.

Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:21 PM
  •  Try This:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=474827

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970064

Mark as a Answer if it helps

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 9:05 AM
  • I can removed Silver Light 5 with this information.

Many thanks!Smile

Friday, August 31, 2012 5:01 AM
  • Hi ,

You can easily remove silverlight from Mac os, go to applications and you will see silverlight folder just drag that folder to trash and empty that trash as well , deffinately your silverlight will be uninstalled  and this is the very simple way to do that .

Regards

Ashish

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:48 AM