none
Silverlight not working with Chrome

Question

• Seems that the Silverligt 2.0 behaviour cannot be relied upon in Chrome Browser

The Silverlight Map Controls, do not Zoom In/Out under Mouse Wheel in Chrome.

Opening New HTML broswr pages via System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.Window.Navigate(new Uri ... does not work in Chrome either.

So I have worries over how much Silverlight really works in other Browsers as has been claimed. From my experience, its looking like only IE can be relied upon to deliver all the Silverlight Features, which is not very satisfactory.

Friday, September 18, 2009 7:01 PM

Answers

• Though most SL apps work on Chrome, Chrome is not an officially supported browser.  IE, Firefox, and Safari (for Mac) are officially supported.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 7:50 PM

All replies

• Though most SL apps work on Chrome, Chrome is not an officially supported browser.  IE, Firefox, and Safari (for Mac) are officially supported.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 7:50 PM
  • Oh OK, That wold  explain why I don't have any problems with FireFox.

Will need to add a not to my Web site that best viewed with IE or FireFox.

Saturday, September 19, 2009 4:52 AM
  • Hi, I know this is kind of an old thread, but this is to future readers:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I used the following workaround so that it's possible to navigate in Chrome too.
    Instead of using

System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.Window.Navigate(New Uri("your_URL_here", UriKind.Relative)),

I used

System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.Window.Eval("window.location.href = 'your_URL_here';")

and it worked.

I got the idea from here:
    http://bhaidar.net/cs/archive/2009/02/08/how-to-popup-a-centered-window-from-inside-silverlight.aspx
    Friday, January 22, 2010 8:19 AM