none
Progress bar in signin button click

Question

• Dear Team,

Please help me in this issue,In my signin page im enter Username and password and click signin button

When i click signin botton i want Progress bar in that sigin page.

please help me in this issue...

Monday, January 03, 2011 2:26 AM

Answers

• Hi again. So the busy indicator does work now?

We're not able to answer your question about how to query your database, as we don't know anything about the architecture you're using (what kind of service etc.).

Maybe you should take a look at the default business application template (the one offered by Visual Studio when you create a new Silverlight project). It already has some functionality built-in to register/authenticate users, it also uses the busy indicator and on the server-side a database. That should give you some ideas how it is working.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Dhanunjai. How would reporting progress in that scenario work? A service call to authenticate a user usually has near to no traffic, and processing on the server side should be very inexpensive - I don't see how progress could be reported for that, and how that even would make sense (given that it most likely finishes very fast). Or are you looking for a indeterminate behavior? Then you maybe should use a busy indicator to wrap your page, and set it to busy during the call.

Monday, January 03, 2011 2:38 AM
  • hi MisterGoodcat,

In my project Busy indicator tool is not there,when i click signin button thne my singin page can goto the database and check the username and password thn it gives result.

when i'm clicking signin button then i want to  displays progress bar...

plese help me in this issue...

Monday, January 03, 2011 2:57 AM
  • In my project Busy indicator tool is not there

The busy indicator is part of the Silverlight Toolkit. To use it, you must add a reference to System.Windows.Controls.Toolkit, the namespace is System.Windows.Controls. An example can be found here.

Monday, January 03, 2011 3:48 AM
  • Hello,

Good evening...

i'm added Silverlight Toolkit to my project and im using busy indicator and im geting this error..

in

<toolkit:BusyIndicator x:Name="BusyWindow" Content="" BusyContent="Please Wait While..." />

InitializeComponent(); the error is

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Windows.FrameworkElement.add_Unloaded(System.Windows.RoutedEventHandler)'.
       at System.Windows.Controls.BusyIndicator..ctor() [Line: 0 Position: 0]
       --- Inner Exception ---
    Method not found: 'Void System.Windows.FrameworkElement.add_Unloaded(System.Windows.RoutedEventHandler)'.

please help me in this issue...

Monday, January 03, 2011 5:31 AM
  • You are using Silverlight 4, right? The Unloaded event is new in Silverlight 4. Make sure your project targets Silverlight 4. If you need to use Silverlight 3, then you need to download a different package of the Toolkit.

Monday, January 03, 2011 5:56 AM
  • hi

in silverlight 3 toolkit busy indicator control is not there............

what can i do...

help me in this issue boss...

Monday, January 03, 2011 7:56 AM
  • Hi again. Please re-check; it should be there. Here is the related source code.

Monday, January 03, 2011 3:17 PM
  • Hi,

If any sample code please send me,when i click login button...

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:21 AM
  • As mentioned by Peter Kuhn, check the Silverlight toolkit. It has Busy Indicator.

http://www.silverlight.net/content/samples/sl4/toolkitcontrolsamples/run/default.html?path=Toolkit|BusyIndicator

HTH Smile

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:28 AM
  • Hello,

Good evening..

when i click login button my login page goto database and and check the username and password...

how to implement busyindicator for my login page...

please hepl in this issue....

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

Good morning ...

i write like this using busy indicator,but how to check with database ...

my username and password in database hoe implement busyindicator for that one...

if (txtLogin.Text == "admin" && password.Password == "admin")
                {
                    int busyDisplay1 = 3;
                    int delayDisplay1 = 1500;
                    BusyWindow.DisplayAfter = TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(delayDisplay1);
                    BusyWindow.IsBusy = true;
                    ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem((state) =>
                    {
                        Thread.Sleep(busyDisplay1 * 10000);
                        Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(() => BusyWindow.IsBusy = false);

});
                    App.Gotonextpage(new UserRegistration());
                }

please helsp me in this isue....

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 12:44 AM
  • Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:26 AM
  • Hi again. So the busy indicator does work now?

We're not able to answer your question about how to query your database, as we don't know anything about the architecture you're using (what kind of service etc.).

Maybe you should take a look at the default business application template (the one offered by Visual Studio when you create a new Silverlight project). It already has some functionality built-in to register/authenticate users, it also uses the busy indicator and on the server-side a database. That should give you some ideas how it is working.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:29 AM
  • Hi,

good evening...

thank you for your message...

thanks a lot....

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 5:28 AM