none
Netflix wants to install silverlight when it's aready installed

Question

• I'm having trouble streaming movies on Netflix because it insists on installing silverlight.  I already installed it in August. What should I do? 

Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Bloomiesbrat,

How about other Silverlight websites?  Can they work?  What's your browser?   Please make sure that Silverlight plugin is enabled.  With IE, you can follow this.  "Tools"-->"Internet Options"-->"Programs"-->"Manage Add-ons". If all these don't work, please remove your existing silverlight and reinstall it.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Friday, October 30, 2009 7:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There was a small update of Silverlight pluging in September. Try to reinstall Silverlight.

Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:55 PM
  • That's because you have the different version (usually older).

Run Windows Update to make user you're in the latest versions.

Alternatively, click the Install button on the Netflix website.

Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:00 PM
  • I have the same problem also.  When I click on install on the Netflix site, it just says that installation failed because I already have Silverlight installed. 

The Netflix site doesn't recognize that I have it installed on my system.

Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:21 PM
  • Version of installed Silverlight on my PC is 3.0.40818.0. Do you have the same?

Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:27 PM
  • That's the version I have.  When I tried to reinstall it says that it failed because I already have it

Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:49 PM
  • Hi Bloomiesbrat,

How about other Silverlight websites?  Can they work?  What's your browser?   Please make sure that Silverlight plugin is enabled.  With IE, you can follow this.  "Tools"-->"Internet Options"-->"Programs"-->"Manage Add-ons". If all these don't work, please remove your existing silverlight and reinstall it.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Friday, October 30, 2009 7:12 AM
  • Hi Jonathan,

Ok apparently Silverlight is not working on any website.  I'm using IE8 on Vista.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and still not working and it is enabled on the browser.  Could it be an issue with Norton?  Also Silverlight is working perfectly when I use Google Chrome. 

Friday, October 30, 2009 8:08 PM
  • Hi Bloomiesbrat,

Since Silverlight applications can work with Google Chrome, that means it should not related with Norton.  How about the conditions when we disabled other plugins when using IE8?  Few plugins may take impact on our Silverlight and you can have a test.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Sunday, November 01, 2009 10:36 PM