none
Microsoft Silverlight for windows 8.1 preview

Question

• hi could you update Microsoft Silverlight please because it doesent work with windows 8.1 such sites doint work are sky go and lovefilm please fix issue

my operating system is windows 8.1 preview I am having problem with Microsoft Silverlight the issue is it is not working with lovefilm or skygo because Microsoft Silverlight hasent been updated to fix the issue and to add support for windows 8.1 preview I doint have any error messege it is when I go onto skygo and click video it says Microsoft Silverlight is not installed but it is and on lovefilm it says the same thing

Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'd like to confirm the mode with you. The desktop mode does support Microsoft Silverlight.

It is introduced in TechNet:

Are browser plug-ins supported in Internet Explorer 11?

The immersive version of Internet Explorer 11 provides an add-on–free experience, so browser plugins won't load and dependent content won't be displayed. This doesn't apply to Internet Explorer for the desktop. For more information, see Browsing Without Plug-ins. However, Internet Explorer for the desktop and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows® 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) do support browser plugins, including ActiveX controls such as Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight.

For more detail, you may check the link below:

Internet Explorer 11 - FAQ for IT Pros

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn268945.aspx

Also,if you expect Silverlight plugin could support in IE11 metro mode, I would suggset you to post this problem to uservoice of Silverlight and vote it, Microsoft will take this into consideration soon.

Please go to the link below:

Silverlight Feature Suggestions

http://dotnet.uservoice.com/forums/4325-silverlight-feature-suggestions

Hope it helps.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 19, 2013 9:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'd like to confirm the mode with you. The desktop mode does support Microsoft Silverlight.

It is introduced in TechNet:

Are browser plug-ins supported in Internet Explorer 11?

The immersive version of Internet Explorer 11 provides an add-on–free experience, so browser plugins won't load and dependent content won't be displayed. This doesn't apply to Internet Explorer for the desktop. For more information, see Browsing Without Plug-ins. However, Internet Explorer for the desktop and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows® 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) do support browser plugins, including ActiveX controls such as Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight.

For more detail, you may check the link below:

Internet Explorer 11 - FAQ for IT Pros

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn268945.aspx

Also,if you expect Silverlight plugin could support in IE11 metro mode, I would suggset you to post this problem to uservoice of Silverlight and vote it, Microsoft will take this into consideration soon.

Please go to the link below:

Silverlight Feature Suggestions

http://dotnet.uservoice.com/forums/4325-silverlight-feature-suggestions

Hope it helps.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 19, 2013 9:53 AM
  • Also,if you expect Silverlight plugin could support in IE11 metro mode, I would suggset you to post this problem to uservoice of Silverlight and vote it, Microsoft will take this into consideration soon.

REALLY? Silverlight allowed to run on IE11 metro mode? i.e. my Silverlight app would run on a Win8 tablet?

That would be quite some news! Or this is just (an unfortunate) politically correct wording to show some empathy with customers? :)

I voted already on this particular feature request - and if I could, I'd give it 1000 points: http://dotnet.uservoice.com/forums/4325-silverlight-feature-suggestions/suggestions/1894125-main-language-for-the-windows-8-development

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:02 PM
  • I need Silverlight on windows 8.1 !!
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:55 AM
  •  How can I downgrade to 8
    Monday, October 28, 2013 4:42 PM
  • Hi,

This is another question. I'd like to suggest you to create a new thread to get more help.

Appreciate your understanding and support.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:06 AM