none
How to upload a code behind file?

General discussion

• Hello. I want to provide some kind of functionality to my SL application in Microsoft SL Streaming. In my case I am writing a small video player. When I try to upload my .cs file it says that the type is not supported. How am I supposed to provide my project with functionality in Microsoft Silverlight Streaming ?

Regards,

--k

Monday, May 14, 2007 11:12 AM

All replies

• You cannot upload the source code, you must compile the app and upload the xaml and assemblies, along with the other files required for your application to run. Don't forget the manifest that you must create to describe what files and parameters are required to load your app. For example, if you have an app that comprises the following files:

mainpage.xaml; assembly1.dll; assembly2.dll; assembly3.dll; and a bunch of txt files

Your manifest.xml could be:

<SilverlightApp>
      <source>mainpage.xaml</source>
      <width>100%</width>
      <height>100%</height>
      <enableHtmlAccess>true</enableHtmlAccess>
    </SilverlightApp>

Then you have to zip everything together: the xaml, the dlls, the txt files and the manifest and the zip archive is what you can upload to Silverlight Streaming. I recommend checking out the SDK (create an app, host an app) and the Hello World article from Danny Thorpe.

Cheers.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 7:35 PM
  • Thanks mate.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 2:20 AM