none
MEF silverlight example

Question

•  

Prism example for MEF does not show loading up of views using MVVM etc. Is there any good example.

Monday, April 18, 2011 11:59 AM

Answers

• What do you mean by:

Now. The hard problem is that MEF does not support StaticResource declare so that any control that lives inside DataTemplate can not referent to out side DataContect.

Hi, I was found MEF has a number of problem that hard to solve.

Monday, April 25, 2011 11:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Take a look at QuickStart>> Navigation.

Now. The hard problem is that MEF does not support StaticResource declare so that any control that lives inside DataTemplate can not referent to out side DataContect.

No answered from internet. Now.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:44 AM
  • So does that mean that if I have views/viewmodels in a module that I want to use MEF for and my views have datatemplates and staticresources..it won't work?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:44 AM
  • Hi,

Could you add more information about your scenario?

What I mean is we can not use StaticResource with MEF, So that If we binding the control that lives inside Datatemplate to ViewModel. It does not work.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:51 AM
  • What do you mean by:

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:05 AM
  • You can solve this by using a codebehind class for a resource dictionary and instead of using App.Current.Resources using that dictionary.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/842571/using-mef-to-import-a-wpf-datatemplate - it`s for WPF, but works the same way in silverlight

Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:57 AM
  • What do you mean by:

Hi, I was found MEF has a number of problem that hard to solve.

Monday, April 25, 2011 11:45 AM