none
silverlight.exe is not a valid win32 application

Question

• Hi guys

I am trying to install silverlight 4 on a windows 7 computer that has a 32 bit operating system, but i keep getting the error that says, silverlight.exe is not a valid win32 application

I even done a windows update, and still the same thing. 

When i come to this site, it tells me i need to install silverlight, i click install and then it takes me to another page and then i click run and still i get the same error, i even download it and try and run it and still i get the same the error.

this is driving me insane!!!!!!!! grrrrr....

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:21 PM

Answers

• Operating System :- Windows 7

If anybody has this problem, please do a windows update and this will install an update for your silverlight version that you currently have installed on your pc. When the update is completed and your computer has been restarted. Come to http://www.silverlight.net and if you have an old version, you will be prompted to install the new version, click on run and this will take about 60secs, once installed restart your broswer and you will be ready to use silverlight 4.

Yippeeee!!!!

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 5:27 AM

All replies

• Did you try unblocking the exe before running it? To unblock-Open File properties and click on unblock.

I got similar error once and found that file was blocked.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:51 PM
  • I doubt this is not a problem with Silverlight exe or anything related the download files rather could be issue with your OS or ur PC. Are you sure u dont face any other installation issues with other softwares? As I doubt this could be due to some virus in ur machine or the files that you downloaded already got corrupt?  

Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:12 AM
  • And also did you try running the exe as an administrator? just right click on the downloaded exe and click Run As  Administrator

Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:13 AM
  • Yes i did click on unblock, and the same thing happens.

Do you have install that works that you can perhaps email me

nivash_ns@yahoo.com

Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:20 AM
  • Hi

I have no virus, using (nod32) and i do not have a problem installing any other programs, i also tried running the exe has admin, same error.

Can you perhaps mail me the install you used.

nivash_ns@yahoo.com

Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:22 AM
  • I HAV GOT NO SPECOIAL INSTAL FILE.YOU GET THE FI/ES FROM SILVERLIGHT.NET/GETSTARTED SITE ONLY

Sunday, August 01, 2010 12:45 PM
  • Operating System :- Windows 7

If anybody has this problem, please do a windows update and this will install an update for your silverlight version that you currently have installed on your pc. When the update is completed and your computer has been restarted. Come to http://www.silverlight.net and if you have an old version, you will be prompted to install the new version, click on run and this will take about 60secs, once installed restart your broswer and you will be ready to use silverlight 4.

Yippeeee!!!!

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 5:27 AM